Author Topic: What are the fire hose systems rated at?  (Read 5144 times)

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
What are the fire hose systems rated at?
« on: November 06, 2011, 20:42:38 »
Does anyone know what bar the fire hose pumps/systems are rated at?

Thanks
Damo :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: What are the fire hose systems rated at?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 21:18:06 »
You mean the Playmobil ones?  Very low I'd say.  In fact I prefer the original system which came out with the 3880 - http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-66-5640 -even though you don't get a continuous jet of water.  If using the new system, I find it works better using two tanks together as with the first version of it and with the various connectors glued in.  Even then, the seal on the pressurised tank doesn't always work properly.

FireChief did some experiments and had some success with hoses connected to the mains water.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 21:33:50 »
Sorry, yes the Playmobil ones

Well following on from my fire hose experiments that me and Jack did, I was thinking of connecting the Playmobil system to my 100bar supply, but I am guessing the hoses/tanks might not take that kind of pressure?

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 21:45:50 »
Sorry, yes the Playmobil ones

Well following on from my fire hose experiments that me and Jack did, I was thinking of connecting the Playmobil system to my 100bar supply, but I am guessing the hoses/tanks might not take that kind of pressure?

I think the connections wouldn't, unless you glued them in, and even then they might blow off.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 21:47:43 »
The oil tanker/custom water tanker lorry would probably explode! :lol:

It was just a thought as I could then have a constant supply, but I know there are more suitable things but I was just thinking of what I have in the shed.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 22:21:26 »
I did a continuous water supply using a modified rectangle plastic trash can with a back board & submerged a pond pump for a toy store window display in 2000. I was able to reduce the pressure down by friction loss & reducers. I also used Teflon thread tape to make the connections more secure. And as Gordon as already said the old hose connections were better.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 22:34:53 »
That sounds good, Bill

I have a large twin cylinder continual run air compressor, which I thought I could perhaps contect to the end of the hose and see how fast I could ake the water come out, but it would use up the water in seconds, not taking into account that the hoses/connectors/tanker truck would be blown to smitherines! :lol:

I have a petrol water pump! Now that would be fun!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 22:40:45 »
That sounds good, Bill

I have a large twin cylinder continual run air compressor, which I thought I could perhaps contect to the end of the hose and see how fast I could ake the water come out, but it would use up the water in seconds, not taking into account that the hoses/connectors/tanker truck would be blown to smitherines! :lol:

I'll check in my Playmoshed tonight & try to find the pump & show you how I reduced it down to prevent blow out. The only thing I don't have to show you is the modified trash can/backing board that I had my ladder platform trucks set up to shoot water at with the submerged pump that kept recycling the water. The toy store would check the reservoir s water level every morning before turning the pump on to run continuously all day to draw in customers.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Clong

• playmo emt
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 00:00:16 »
This all sound very cool  8-) look forward to see pics.

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2011, 10:16:14 »
For those who hadn't seen this, this is what I am following on from:

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=4346.0