General > What is this???

Is this a cavalry soldier, or not?

(1/2) > >>

Sylvia:
I won an auction for an old keychain today. :D

I like to name the figures when I add them to my catalogue at JustForKl!cks, but as this is a figure I don't recall seeing in any set, it makes the job rather difficult. :-\

I've seen this style of blue hat used on the cavalry soldiers (like these) in old Western sets, but the black body doesn't seem to go with it.

Can anyone tell me which set, if any, this fella came from? I'm hoping he hasn't been pulled apart and re-assembled with different body pieces. :P

playmofire:
I think it was also a cap used on the early German postman, which doesn't helpanswer your question about the provenance of the figure.

Sylvia:
Thanks, Gordon. :)

I don't know yet if he has the playmobil logo on the back as many of the older keychains did, but judging from the old style of ring (it has a clasp which flips open to allow the keys on like this one), the short chunky chain and the type of figure, my hunch is that it's authentic and not home-made. I hope so, anyway. ;)

Sir Gareth:
It's certainly not  a mixture of hat and figure that I am aware of, to me it looks wrong.

The only figure that I have come across black with white arm's is the Sheriff, as in set 3381. As for the hat, well it's a bit hard to tell from the picture but it may not even be a US soldiers hat but just a normal peaked cap, it just doesn't seem to slope forwards enough to be the soldier type. It really is an odd looking arrangement but hopefully if it has a promo on the back it could well be a very hard to find bit of Playmo.

Thanks for the picture Sylvia, I like stuff that gets the grey cells buzzing. :)

Little Jo:
Sylvia, I do not want to spoil your fun about the won auction, but I just can follow the previous posters: I think it's a cavalry hat, not belonging to the figure below, which I also just know from the sheriff figure.

BTW I'm also not sure, if the clasp you showed is really a good indication for an original keychain, because I have (or had some time ago) many of these but without having any Playmobil keychain in my live at all. (They where also mounted to rubber keychain figures of different types, which I called my own in my childhood. Maybe I can find them again in my DIY spare parts ...)

Regards

Jochen

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version