General > Report & Review

Review of some new parts with Asterix

<< < (2/3) > >>

Klickteryx:
Got a second house with wooden roof. The roof pieces aren't interchangeable so you can't have a hut with no chimney or a hut with two chimneys. It wouldn't have taken much to design the roof sections like this so missed opportunity there.
The other thing they should include is a mezzanine so that the figures can stand behind the upper window in the two houses. An easy fix but should have been done in the original set along with a ladder to get up to it.

Pynedor:
Thanks for the detailed pictures and information! Is the new hair piece with the two braids soft like some of the newer coats and hair pieces, or is it like the older hair pieces?

tahra:

--- Quote from: Klickteryx on November 17, 2022, 10:25:12 ---Got a second house with wooden roof. The roof pieces aren't interchangeable so you can't have a hut with no chimney or a hut with two chimneys. It wouldn't have taken much to design the roof sections like this so missed opportunity there.

--- End quote ---

It's so lame. It's like they go out of their way to make things incompatible. Why? It's ridiculous. For all their brilliance, they seem completely playmoignorant and clueless sometimes...

--- Quote from: Pynedor on November 18, 2022, 16:00:48 ---Thanks for the detailed pictures and information! Is the new hair piece with the two braids soft like some of the newer coats and hair pieces, or is it like the older hair pieces?

--- End quote ---

Curious too (I LOVE that hair - don't have it yet :hissyfit: )

Klickteryx:

--- Quote from: Pynedor on November 18, 2022, 16:00:48 ---Thanks for the detailed pictures and information! Is the new hair piece with the two braids soft like some of the newer coats and hair pieces, or is it like the older hair pieces?

--- End quote ---

Regular hair plastic so kinda stiff but soft enough they'll move out of the way when the head is turned and the braids hit the arm.

Klickteryx:

--- Quote from: tahra on November 18, 2022, 19:59:11 ---It's so lame. It's like they go out of their way to make things incompatible. Why? It's ridiculous. For all their brilliance, they seem completely playmoignorant and clueless sometimes...

--- End quote ---
To me it's so obvious to have the roof halves being mirrored so you can swap the halves but I wonder if they ran out of time because some of the features like this appear rushed. There is a small tab in the middle of the chief's hut's roof with no corresponding indentation on the other side. The top of the chief's hut sags slightly so doesn't align fully (it's about a mm or two out). I suspect the tab was meant to strengthen the middle of the roof by clicking into place but the set went into production before this feature was properly implemented.

Then again, maybe attention to detail isn't always there. The scooby van has a box of files and a food tray, neither which click into anything so they move around when you carry the vehicle. There should be a bracket or something to secure the box of files at least.
One of the great designs of playmobil vehicles is having a round hole to put drinks in and a slot for walkie talkie radios. It was one of the things I loved as a kid about the early police motor bikes. The radios, cuffs etc could be clipped onto the back of the bike, nothing was loose.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version