Author Topic: What specific items/pieces would you like to see?  (Read 19472 times)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: What specific items/pieces would you like to see?
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2022, 17:50:25 »
To me personally Playmobil was always the company that historically stuck to the mortal world, I know they quickly started a limited phantasy element but the ratio has seemed to grow significantly in the past 10 years. As fun as the fantasy can be it seems to take away production/warehouse space away from traditional themes . How popular can the dinosaurs with laser cannons really be ?

The number of sets and themes that incorporate fantasy elements have definitely increased in the last several years. It must be profitable. I certainly hope that the traditional, more realistic sets continue to be released.

I agree in part with you, however some fantasy themes were not that bad. For example, for the medieval sets a little bit of fantasy is not such a huge problem. There were alwasy some sets with magicians, fairies and so on. There was also a classical dragon set + knight, if I remember correctly! I think they were really cute and well done. I am not a huge fan of the newer ones, though.

I absolutely agree. Those classic Magic theme sets (and Knights theme sets that had fantasy elements) are some of the best that have ever been released in my opinion.

I look at a theme like the Ayuma.

A neat theme with lots of great usable elements for a robbin hood Forest or similar diorama but then as soon as I look at the “Tree of Wisdom” I immediately try to figure out how to delete the atrocious eyes .

I agree that Ayuma (and Novelmore) have some great parts, especially for a more traditional Medieval fantasy setting. However, the Ayuma figures are not very good for customising due to the body part differences, and both the Ayuma and Novelmore figures and parts have so much printing on them that it makes using some of the parts with other ones difficult too.

And that tree design would be really cool without the face. :)
~Pynedor~

Online Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2022, 20:24:58 »
I’m not sure how profitable they are?

As a gauge to how well sets are moving I like to watch Amazon. I thought they use an algorithm that lowers prices until the item starts moving out of the warehouses

Lately all the Dino laser wars, and the destruction derby animal cars have been getting to 40+% off and staying there
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Michela06

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2022, 21:58:49 »
Yes

I look at a theme like the Ayuma.

A neat theme with lots of great usable elements for a robbin hood Forest or similar diorama but then as soon as I look at the “Tree of Wisdom” I immediately try to figure out how to delete the atrocious eyes .

ahah the the tree of widsdom reminds so much of Pocahontas disney movie: there's a similar tree in the movie  :lol:But yes, these sets are not bad per se but the target is clearly different from the older ones...I mean, these sets really look like they are just for child, while the older ones - having a more realistic feeling - could be used to really set up more realistic dioramas. That said, when I was a child I liked playmobil because it looked very realistic and not so childish.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2022, 07:57:09 »
ahah the the tree of widsdom reminds so much of Pocahontas disney movie: there's a similar tree in the movie  :lol:But yes, these sets are not bad per se but the target is clearly different from the older ones...I mean, these sets really look like they are just for child, while the older ones - having a more realistic feeling - could be used to really set up more realistic dioramas. That said, when I was a child I liked playmobil because it looked very realistic and not so childish.

For me, Ayuma would be one of the best themes EVER - if the klickys' bodytypes were not these idiotic ugly ones. :'(  makes SO mad and sad thinking of the beautiful armies I could have made :'(  >:(

Online Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2022, 13:59:43 »
Armies of what, overly happy trees, animals and klickies

I’m surprised the design department didn’t try to make the mushrooms smiling
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2022, 14:46:33 »
Armies of what, overly happy trees, animals and klickies

I love the colors... amazons, elves, forest.. SOMETHING, whatever. There would be loads to use, even excluding the silly pinkish stuff (and even those could probably be of use, if not those idiotic starving ugly ridiculous stupid bodytypes - no, NOT over it :'(  >:( )

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2022, 08:15:49 »

I mean soon it’s possible this “fantasy” element will infect normal themes

Oh wait……..

:lol:
Three great examples there of the 'infection,' Ras!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2022, 02:19:00 »
I love the colors... amazons, elves, forest.. SOMETHING, whatever. There would be loads to use, even excluding the silly pinkish stuff (and even those could probably be of use, if not those idiotic starving ugly ridiculous stupid bodytypes - no, NOT over it :'(  >:( )

When I first saw the leaks of them, I was horrified. This is the furthest Playmobil has ever gotten from their iconic look. At least Novelmore, Dino Rise, and Wiltopia are more or less the same just with "shiny" pupils. Meanwhile, these freaks resemble a different brand entirely. Were it not for some familiar parts, I'd never guess in a million years they were Playmobil.

At the very least, they'd be part of some bizarre collab. At least the sets are cool, the major ones having gimmicks and lights. Easily high-jacking them for the fairies I do like.

As for the main purpose of this thread, I'd like more civilian figures and items for the pirates and knights line. Also, a better fleshed out "Halloween/Monster" theme. Scooby-Doo is good, but I'd like to see base Playmobil give it a whirl. What if there was a creepy mansion that had more sophisticated traps than the Scooby-Doo one? I sketched some ideas a while back. Oh! Or what if there was a system where there's whole rooms sold separately but could be combined in any way you want to build your own "house". Nothing super complex, just roomboxes basically; and each one had a gimmick towards a different monster. Like a library for Dr. Frankenstein or a music room for a vampire, etc. Maybe the werewolf could have an outdoor set?

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2022, 08:56:17 »
A modular room theme like that could be stacked to make a dollhouse or placed flat to make a gaming table. Characters could move from room to room and interact with each feature of the room while trying to complete a task.
At the very least you could use the modules to make 3d versions of games like Cluedo/Kill Doctor Lucky.

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2022, 12:29:37 »
A modular room theme like that could be stacked to make a dollhouse or placed flat to make a gaming table. Characters could move from room to room and interact with each feature of the room while trying to complete a task.
At the very least you could use the modules to make 3d versions of games like Cluedo/Kill Doctor Lucky.

YES!!! :love: It sure could be an excellent game idea! Didn't even think of that! I always had this idea of modular roomboxes but with traditional dollhouse miniatures ever since my mom brought them up. She was big into those back then. But now I see potential with Playmobil, but only with the red and yellow bits system or the glorious Steck. I loathe the idea of the current snapping tabs system that makes me scared to handle the darn buildings.  >:(