General > Report & Review

Ye Gods! An Olympian Appreciation

(1/12) > >>

Macruran:
ΩΕΛϹΟΜΕ ΤΟ ΘΙΣ ΤΟΠΙϹ!

Ι ὁπε υου ενηου ιτ!

It occurred to me we need more discussion of the fantastic Greek Gods series! So here is a thread for reviewing and discussing them! I will take a look at each god one at a time. IMPORTANT: this thread is also open for other people to review and discuss the sets! Please join in!

Note that this is only for the gods, we will do the other Greek mythology sets separately!

drbatesy:
They are a great series and have, I believe, a lot of potential to integrate into any existing Playmobil play. Their caprice can generate a lot of plot points! I'm reminded of the 1963 film, Jason and the Argonauts, where you really get to see the Olympians manipulating human affairs, and that line in Lear, "As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; They kill us for their sport."

Steve.

Macruran:
One fun aspect of the theme is that it is in fact TWO themes. All you have to do is rename the gods and they function perfectly well as ROMAN gods. Zeus is Jupiter, Hera is Juno, etc. Two themes for the price of one!  :roman:

Hadoque:
Nothing divine and rather off-topic, but without your picture I might have forgotten where the inspiration for 18th-century menĀ“s wigs came from.

drbatesy:
I've managed to avoid buying the Greek gods - so far - but I would love to see the muses. I'd get my wallet out for Clio!  :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version