Author Topic: Evolution of bml87’s collection  (Read 46664 times)

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
Re: Evolution of bml87’s collection
« Reply #110 on: July 07, 2019, 07:42:39 »
Thanks for showing them. I meanwhile bought mine on ebay, that is almost my only source since there are little or no toystores anymore in my area. Even the Fun one is now also gone. Just one Dreamland left, so everyone storms that shop and mostly the wanted figures are gone immediately. I usually don´t even bother anymore to go search for them there...

A high price for just a figure with no big accessories  >:(

Were they cheaper on eBay? There’s still a Fun in Sint-Denijs-Westrem. Unfortunately, the prices are more expensive there for the regular sets. They also sell the common figures in Colruyt. I always get mine there, although I haven’t seen the movie bags over there yet. Once you know how the klickies are put in the presentation box, it’s very easy to sort them out (unless the shop has mixed them in a mesh box). They always come like this, so you only have to feel the bags per 4:

So far they always came like this! And believe me, I checked a lot  :sherlock:
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #111 on: July 07, 2019, 15:41:33 »
No problem, they still have stock of series 15 :lol:

;D ;D

They all look really cartoonish, I guess you can make a really funny diorama with them, but I prefer to stay with the traditional faces.

I like them  (with those exceptions) - variety and all.

None of the three figures I bought are printed on the back, unfortunately.

Do check the woodcutter from figures 15 (direct link on playkingdoms) - he's not only gorgeous but also printed on the back! :o

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #112 on: July 07, 2019, 23:31:36 »
Were they cheaper on eBay? There’s still a Fun in Sint-Denijs-Westrem.

Got them on ebay in a range between 3,50 and 5,00 euro per figure. Excluding shipping of course. But I try to combine with other stuff, though that does not always work out.
The Fun in S-D-W is too far off for me (I´m on the entire opposite side of the city), too hard to reach without a car and public transport to that place is a nightmare (like it is to most of the rest of the country). Fun Stores are indeed quite expensive for most of the regular sets. So, ultimately it would be a whole hassle to go look there for a few figures and even not being sure that they´ll still have the ones that I want... Most probably that store will already be raided by Playmo-Wim, he lives overthere.
There is a Colruyt near me, but they have very little Playmo and I haven´t yet seen Surprise Figures there.  Maybe once, some leftovers from several years ago but of course not the interesting ones. :-\

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #113 on: July 08, 2019, 09:19:29 »
The Fun in S-D-W is too far off for me (I´m on the entire opposite side of the city), too hard to reach without a car and public transport to that place is a nightmare (like it is to most of the rest of the country).

I was in the new Fnac yesterday in the Veldstraat, they had a bunch of series 15, for 2,09 euros each! Unfortunately mixed in a basket... so you can't use my trick there. Anyway, they also had the Movie series in stock, untouched ;-) ! And in the original presentation box! However they were not yet priced, but I guess they're between 3,50 and 3,99. I didn't buy any, since I got the ones that I wanted. Maybe that shop is closer for you? To my own surprise they had quite a lot of Playmobil sets!
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #114 on: July 08, 2019, 23:03:04 »
I was in the new Fnac yesterday in the Veldstraat

Ah?! I haven´t been in the Fnac in ages, I did´t know they started selling Playmo  8}

Since they introduced the circulation traffic plan to ban as much as possible motorized vehicles, I don´t go much into town anymore.
I don´t have a car but I drive a Vespa, but now I have to follow the same diversion routes for cars. Insain. To do a route/distance that took me 15 minutes before the circulation plan, it now takes me 45 minutes to drive around the entire city to enter it on the other side. All nice when you have lots of time and the weather is good and air-polution is low. And no thanks to being pressed as a sardine with full shopping-bags in an overfilled bus that now rides only once an hour on weekdays and twice an hour on Sunday. This country is going to hell. Oh well, the entire planet probably.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 23:08:36 by Hadoque »

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2019, 11:19:07 »
The fates are against you, Hadoque! A 45-minute trip by Vespa braving traffic and poor air quality, only to risk finding out that Fnac have sold all the figures to bml87 sounds too daunting. Buy 'em on eBay and let the postal service take all the flack!  :(
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #116 on: July 09, 2019, 11:50:56 »
to risk finding out that Fnac have sold all the figures to bml87 sounds too daunting.

:lol: well, he doesn't have to worry about that, I was there by coincidence, so if he would dare to do the trip, all the stock is his  ;)

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #117 on: July 12, 2019, 21:52:39 »
The fates are against you, Hadoque! A 45-minute trip by Vespa braving traffic and poor air quality, only to risk finding out that Fnac have sold all the figures to bml87 sounds too daunting. Buy 'em on eBay and let the postal service take all the flack!  :(

I used to drive hours with my previous Vespa scooter through rain and thunderstorms to reach some little toyshops in forgotten towns, but I guess I´m getting old.

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #118 on: August 03, 2019, 16:30:28 »
The hunt is on! Series 16 finally arrived in Belgium. I picked all the klickies that were on my wanted list. I guess this is one of the best series so far! I just need a couple of those black musicians extra, I want to add some other instruments to the band!

Some customs after the hunt on series 16 and the Movie series 1:

A really nice torso, which was available already with klicky 30000344. Unfortunately the white of the torso (and the arms in the musician’s case) are not clean white, but shiny glittering white, so you can’t create white klickies with it. Unless there are sleeves in this colour, does anyone know?

The yodel quartet:

The upper class couple:

Two trappers and a lumberjack:

Train conductor and two engineers:

Four zookeepers:

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #119 on: August 03, 2019, 17:10:29 »
Great customs!  :clap:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman: