Author Topic: How To Train Your Dragon  (Read 9060 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: How To Train Your Dragon
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2018, 08:11:51 »
A great review on Playkingdoms, Tahra! Lots of detail about the packaging and assembly gripes, but your enthusiasm for the final result came through clearly, as well as acknowledging that at least the parts fit together precisely. One thing I notice about non-PM plastic toys is how poorly the parts fit together, often. I must get one of those Stoic figures!

Good use of the word 'fracking' btw, linking your frustration to a disastrous practice of the oil industry!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2018, 09:18:14 »
A great review on Playkingdoms, Tahra! Lots of detail about the packaging and assembly gripes, but your enthusiasm for the final result came through clearly, as well as acknowledging that at least the parts fit together precisely. One thing I notice about non-PM plastic toys is how poorly the parts fit together, often. I must get one of those Stoic figures!

Thank you..  Sometimes I fear I am too harsh.. I THINK it goes without saying that I do love playmobil, or I wouldn't buy the darn things, and certainly would not trouble myself reviewing it, right? 

The thing is beautiful - if limited... One day (if I live long enough!) I hope to be able to make SOMETHING of it, with a bunch or rockies/vegetation.. and maybe some walls...

I must get one of those Stoic figures!

That could maybe be arranged.. Email me ;)

Good use of the word 'fracking' btw, linking your frustration to a disastrous practice of the oil industry!

;D   (though I am NOT limited to kindergarten language on playkingdoms, I believe SOME words should not be used - which troubles me greatly regarding a custom.... wip..  Have NO idea how I will overcome that)

Offline Luftgaengerin

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2018, 11:03:01 »
Great review as always, Tahra!
I am so sorry you had that horrible mess with the blue bag, what a shame. A shame is also the "Mogelpackung", as germans call it, I still can't believe that whole theme fits in the box!....  :omg:

It was great to look at Berk in all the detail. I agree that the colors work perfectly and those stones with the green steps look beautiful.  :love: The best though was that bird on the mouth of the statue  ;D

Thanks for sharing  :wave:
"Give me that man that is not passion’s slave" - Shakespeare's Hamlet.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2018, 11:24:23 »
Great review as always, Tahra!

Thank you :)

I am so sorry you had that horrible mess with the blue bag, what a shame. A shame is also the "Mogelpackung", as germans call it, I still can't believe that whole theme fits in the box!....  :omg:

I still wanna know if noone else had a blue bag... and the box is RIDICULOUS. This is completely out of hand! Ah, the whole theme partially assembled - with the wings ON!

The best though was that bird on the mouth of the statue  ;D

I will tell my sister - I believe it was her idea..

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2018, 16:07:29 »
My contact at Playmobil has passed my e-mail along up the chain. I will let you know what feedback I get.

"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop." Lewis Carroll

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2018, 18:20:38 »
My contact at Playmobil has passed my e-mail along up the chain. I will let you know what feedback I get.

Thank you :)

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2018, 10:34:33 »
And there. Berk done

Thank you for the elaborate review, Tahra!

The blue bag is a sorry tale. You should have this rectified: it looks like an improvisation at the assembly line when they'd run out of regular, non-staining bags.

Great to see Berk in detail. The gate with flanking figures is very attractive. I did contemplate getting it on its own, but decided against it as it won't stand properly without the lower rock part (the connecting bits get in the way), and cannot accommodate it all.

The larger, lower rock part is identical to the big boy in the Western fortress 5245 but in a different colour, right?

Thanks again and best wishes
StJohn

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2018, 10:56:51 »
Thank you for the elaborate review, Tahra!

Thank you... Took a while, but better late than ever, right?

The blue bag is a sorry tale. You should have this rectified: it looks like an improvisation at the assembly line when they'd run out of regular, non-staining bags.

>:( >:( >:(

Great to see Berk in detail. The gate with flanking figures is very attractive. I did contemplate getting it on its own, but decided against it as it won't stand properly without the lower rock part (the connecting bits get in the way), and cannot accommodate it all.

The beautiful doors just slide in place...  but it is odd - huge doors... and TWO open doorways RIGHT NEXT to it  ???

The larger, lower rock part is identical to the big boy in the Western fortress 5245 but in a different colour, right?

Don't know - I try to avoid these silly system WHY things... Don't have the large western sets. But looking at it on playmodb, I don't think so.  No side systemX connectors on Berk.

You know how they LOVE to make new huge parts, instead of actually reusing something  ::)

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2018, 13:40:30 »
A great review and great pics.. Playmo dragons have come such a long way from the first one that came out in the early 90s ( In fact I remember the day buying it along with the Barons castle) and its great to see how from a single dragon this has evolved to this theme ...... :wave:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2018, 13:41:13 »
Personally, I think there are FAR too many dragons..

Though I would except this particular theme - I mean, there SHOULD be all the main characters, being what it is.. :)