Author Topic: last acquisitions!!!  (Read 7574 times)

Offline Amd

• Amdnrao
  • Playmo Lover
  • back to middle earth
Re: last acquisitions!!!
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2012, 07:07:06 »
Yeah, no more bulky stuff, figures are now my target!

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2012, 23:03:14 »
Please please do something funny with those hobo's though. Using lots of hobo's somewhere in a picture or story will likely be very hillarious.  :lol:

Offline Amd

• Amdnrao
  • Playmo Lover
  • back to middle earth
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2012, 23:15:29 »
Please please do something funny with those hobo's though. Using lots of hobo's somewhere in a picture or story will likely be very hillarious.  :lol:

yeah, comes to mind a hobo union, protesting about the high price of the bottles, benches conditions, etc!!!...

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2012, 14:52:59 »
That hobo (how un-PC :P) comes with a very distinctive collar - brown if Im not mistaken - doesnt he? I bet it's a pain to find one of those, if you're a completist like me?
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2012, 14:57:00 »
That hobo (how un-PC :P) comes with a very distinctive collar - brown if Im not mistaken - doesnt he? I bet it's a pain to find one of those, if you're a completist like me?

Thats why we call them "bums" around here  ;) It can be a pain to find any part of that bum in the US, or at least for a reasonable price. If you look at auction history you can see how expensive they can get  8}
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2012, 15:03:13 »
There's certain rare-ish figures that sometimes come half-complete and you think 'ill buy that and complete him later' but it never works - there are some parts that are just too rare. like the yellow feather from the highwayman. half of those 3633s you see on ebay don't have the correct  feather - and they still go for a lot of money. Funnily enough i thought of you yesterday ras - i was browsing a masters of the universe forum and a good 90 % of the (US) members were moaning about the price of the figures - that made me think of you  :P
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline nunney

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2012, 11:33:00 »
ok
http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/Amdnrao/media/IMG_2616.jpg.html

wow! is this from the auction of the vietnam vet's collection from that live auction company? i didn't bid on any of that but was very curious. i really was shocked that the lots didn't go higher. i thought perhaps the photos didn't do the collection justice and maybe the war vet component of their marketing hurt rather than helped the sale. that said, i feel like there was at least 1 lot that seemed to be misrepresented. can't remember now which. congratulations!

Offline Amd

• Amdnrao
  • Playmo Lover
  • back to middle earth
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2012, 09:06:48 »
wow! is this from the auction of the vietnam vet's collection from that live auction company? i didn't bid on any of that but was very curious. i really was shocked that the lots didn't go higher. i thought perhaps the photos didn't do the collection justice and maybe the war vet component of their marketing hurt rather than helped the sale. that said, i feel like there was at least 1 lot that seemed to be misrepresented. can't remember now which. congratulations!

yes, i cant remember them all, but i miss a couple 'cos didnt read the hole description about the size of the box and the weight... come sto my mind a lot of western fort with so many towers that i didnt bid on... still happy with i got!!!

well, one more engine, now the 4029...

i already have a 4029, but seems, i cant find the 4052, i even put an extra tender in my first 4029 and a light... but still no 4052...

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2012, 10:56:00 »
Awesome lot of figures! I lost the yellow flower from my hobo's hat in about 2 weeks after purchase (I was young  :))

Offline Amd

• Amdnrao
  • Playmo Lover
  • back to middle earth
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2012, 04:34:49 »
With the playmobil coupon i got myself some stuff
I once paid 50 for a keg, this time I got 9 for less!!!
Also got 2 bakeries and 5 sets of pines, a total sale of 160!!! I was very pleased!!