Author Topic: Advent Calendars  (Read 7233 times)

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
Advent Calendars
« on: November 30, 2005, 06:00:40 »
I just had fun setting up 3978 Bakery Advent Calendar tonight (because, of course, I have to make the little guy suffer for a day before he can open a box  :P ).  I figure this is the only year my 210% testosterone little guy will go for something so girly (unless he becomes a chef, of course) ;D

One of the ladies in our office today tried to sell me a chocolate advent calendar, and I realized how much I love my Playmo advent calendars.  Best part?  I only started last year, so I have all those old advent calendars to collect  ;D  8}

"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
Re: Advent Calendars
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 17:35:26 »
My favorites are the bakery and toy workshop.

I found that the most are easy to collect except for the first one because it is 10 yrs old, and I think fewer of them were made.

M

Offline Madame X

• Defender of frogs 'n' bunnies 'n' stuff
  • x
  • Playmo Enthusiast
  • Don't even think about despoiling my pond!
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 20:19:32 »
Serenity, you have started with the best, IMHO.   Your little guy might surprise you, though.  My son (age 14, talk about testosterone  :o)  still enjoys a new advent calendar each year.

My favorites are the bakery and toy workshop.

I so agree, Meg!  Though I am also looking forward to the musical one for next year - I hope it is a success.

- Anne   (formerly Indianna)

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 22:03:49 »
I did the living room one last year, and the little guy loved it.  It was amazing how well behaved he was at breakfast, when I told him he could open the first one AFTER and only IF he finished his breakfast  :P

I just won the Santa's workshop, but I realized too late that it doesn't have the boxes or the backer board  >:(  I'm not sure what I'll do, try to win a 2nd set, or just order the current backer board and boxes from DS.
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 11:10:37 »
I agree, the 3978 Bakery Calender is one of the best...
But I have to admit that this years Vedes Calender (4152) is my new favourite...
It is great, including a barrel-organ that plays christmas songs and
a park fence...  :yup:
Okay, the fence is just to glue out of paper...  ;)

I love this one...

I dont like the others too much though... They typically dont have a too
interesting filling...

BTW: I heard rumors both that this calender will be in the regular playmo-program
2006 and that the park fence might be rereleased for the new dollhouse... Does
anybody have more information about that?

best regards
socrates

The others are
Quote from: Serenity link=topic=263.msg3028#msg30
28 date=1133330440
I just had fun setting up 3978 Bakery Advent Calendar tonight (because, of course, I have to make the little guy suffer for a day before he can open a box  :P ).  I figure this is the only year my 210% testosterone little guy will go for something so girly (unless he becomes a chef, of course) ;D

One of the ladies in our office today tried to sell me a chocolate advent calendar, and I realized how much I love my Playmo advent calendars.  Best part?  I only started last year, so I have all those old advent calendars to collect  ;D  8}

"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 17:27:51 »
BTW: I heard rumors both that this calender will be in the regular playmo-program
2006 and that the park fence might be rereleased for the new dollhouse... Does

I really hope this is true. Why else would it be shown in the picture of the Advent Calender after being discontinued way back in early 1990s? Playmobil really surprised me with reissuing the barrel-organ, so maybe there are some more good things to come for the Victorian theme. They've got to do something to make up for the non-victorian figures issued in the newest releases.  :yup:

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 18:17:56 »
I just won the Santa's workshop, but I realized too late that it doesn't have the boxes or the backer board  >:(  I'm not sure what I'll do, try to win a 2nd set, or just order the current backer board and boxes from DS.

They are not available at DS US.  I know.  I tried.  :'(

I really hope this is true. Why else would it be shown in the picture of the Advent Calender after being discontinued way back in early 1990s?  :yup:

We can only hope.  I also hope that it will be able to be matched with the old fence.

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2005, 18:32:45 »
They are not available at DS US.  I know.  I tried.  :'(

I meant the backer board and boxes from entirely different set.  The workshop set I won has the display part, just not the calendar/boxes part.  I don't think the little guy will mind in the least.  I haven't decided for sure yet, though.

Offline Red

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Proud mommy of M and G!
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2005, 18:50:24 »
This year we are doing the new animals one and the "Townsquare Holiday" one. Last year we did the Winter Wonderland one. The animals one seems to have more stuff in it than the other two.

Red
One half the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other. - Jane Austen

Offline hoppatussa

• Southern Belle @ heart
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2005, 19:38:36 »

2006 and that the park fence might be re released for the new dollhouse... Does

socrates

There have been rumors going around about that for a while.  The most recent I heard is they were going to release the fence through Direct Service.. similar to other old sets that have been dubbed "collectors edition" 

I surely hope they re-do this set and the piano set.  I mean, it is just sad to let those molds go to waste!!

I would have to say one of my favorite advent calenders is the one from 2 years ago.  I love how there are miniature Playmobil Viking sets and an Advent wreath.  I guess this advent calender reminded me most of my Christmases as a kid.