Author Topic: Playmobil Habitats.  (Read 5629 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: Playmobil Habitats.
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 01:33:59 »
Back to topic....  :lol:

Oops, sorry!  :-[
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
  • I come here for peace and quiet.
    • http://www.survival101.wetpaint.com
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 05:40:16 »
The guinea pigs will chew your castles! It would be better to get them pet approved housing due to ingestion problems!
Ok, so you’re saying ¿the material of the castles is NOT safe for them? (I ask, because they already do chew on their igloo…)
Another question is if the plastic used for Playmobil are safe to be in the fish tank with Gari (“Garidose” is the fish’s FULL, PROPER NAME, of course). My wife says she doesn’t think it is (I know it’s ABS, but I’ve never seen anything one way or another).
Bill- Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll mention it to my wife.;)
If I’m jealous, you did SOMETHING right. Keep it up. :D
I Support Operation Anime Storm..

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2011, 06:38:16 »
Ok, so you’re saying ¿the material of the castles is NOT safe for them? (I ask, because they already do chew on their igloo…)
Another question is if the plastic used for Playmobil are safe to be in the fish tank with Gari (“Garidose” is the fish’s FULL, PROPER NAME, of course). My wife says she doesn’t think it is (I know it’s ABS, but I’ve never seen anything one way or another).
Bill- Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll mention it to my wife.;)

The material isn't bad, as much as them destroying your Steck parts!
I was told by a vet that sometimes the plastic igloos don't go through their intestines well & may cause a blockage causing a need for surgery. Natural items should be used when all possible, but no treated, cedar, or pine wooden houses, use just natural wooden houses & chew sticks, Romaine lettuce, fresh leafy green vegtables, but never feed them iceberg lettuce!
Your fish should be fine since it doesn't ingest the plastic. The plastic doesn't leech into the water so it should be OK.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 06:55:12 by Bill Blackhurst »
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 12:08:04 »
What happens if you feed them iceburg lettuce?
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline el jefe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2011, 14:39:04 »
They turn into gremlins, naturally.   :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 15:32:43 »
What happens if you feed them iceburg lettuce?

No nutritional value @ all! Can cause upset stomach.

Rhubarb, beans, potatoes with green spots are poisonous to GP's!

Plants like daffodils, hyacinths, poppy & buttercups and other wild meadow flowers are also poisonous to GP's! So no flowers!

NO DAIRY poroducts! They are lactose intolerant, & excess calcium can cause kidney or bladder stones.

If they get a hold of something poisonous get them to a small animal vet ASAP! Have a qualified vet on hand at all times. Not all vets know how to treat GP's, so don't wait to find out when your little pig becomes sick that they know more about canine's & feline's than your precious Cavy!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2011, 00:37:03 »
The material isn't bad, as much as them destroying your Steck parts!
That is the least of my concerns…
I was told by a vet that sometimes the plastic igloos don't go through their intestines well & may cause a blockage causing a need for surgery. Natural items should be used when all possible, but no treated, cedar, or pine wooden houses, use just natural wooden houses & chew sticks, Romaine lettuce, fresh leafy green vegtables, but never feed them iceberg lettuce!
That, however, IS my concern. They have an igloo (and a section of a tree trunk) to hide in (they’re prey animals, so they have a natural desire to hide), but I thought a PM castle (or house, or whatever) might give them a place to play (and chase each other).
Your fish should be fine since it doesn't ingest the plastic. The plastic doesn't leech into the water so it should be OK.
And of course, there’s Garry. (We’ve gone through FIVE in one year, they keep dying and I think part of the reason is they die of boredom.)

I will pass the rest to my wife and daughter.

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2011, 05:24:32 »
I had my BlackBeard ship in my aquarium for a while.  My aquarium consists of a betta AND a goldfish, and a crab.  (betta's aren't suppossed to be in with other fish because of its beligerent nature, let alone with a goldfish, as a betta is tropical and needs diff water treatment, but I didn't care, hehe).  The two got along fine.

And the ship had lots of nooks and crannies for them to explore (which they did).  I change my aquarium setup every now and then, so it's no longer in there, but it worked fine.

If you don't wanna put an entire ship in there, they do also make two shipwreck sets, one being the bow of a 3050 and the other being the stern.  THe bow is open and has no openings to explore, but it looks cool.  The stern is broken (on purpose) and does have windows and openings for fish to explore and hide in.

As for guinea pigs, depending on how big they are, I have actually seen footage on youtube (I can't find it now) of a 3286 ship being used as a house for very small guinea pigs.  (it was placed in a tub).  The critters would climb all around it and even go into the captain's cabin and come back out.   I would never sacrifice a ship for a rodent though.  It looked like the bildge rats had grown oversized and taken over the ship.

But I doubt any playmobil would be suitable for guinea pigs as they will eventually grow WAAY too big for it, even for a castle IMO.
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2011, 06:53:56 »
If you don't wanna put an entire ship in there, they do also make two shipwreck sets, one being the bow of a 3050 and the other being the stern.  THe bow is open and has no openings to explore, but it looks cool.  The stern is broken (on purpose) and does have windows and openings for fish to explore and hide in.
Yes, I was thinking much the same thing.
As for guinea pigs, depending on how big they are, I have actually seen footage on youtube (I can't find it now) of a 3286 ship being used as a house for very small guinea pigs.  (it was placed in a tub).  The critters would climb all around it and even go into the captain's cabin and come back out… But I doubt any playmobil would be suitable for guinea pigs as they will eventually grow WAAY too big for it, even for a castle IMO.
Well, that’s a possibility. Either way my daughter would have to agree, and I’m getting the impression that won’t be happening. Pity, I think they’d have loved it. Anyways.