Author Topic: 7529 mountain climber  (Read 3101 times)

Offline reimagination

• Playmo Fanatic
7529 mountain climber
« on: February 28, 2013, 22:07:18 »
Of course by the time you read this, the set may no longer be available because I purchased it in the last chance section of the US playmobil site.

But I'll tell you about it anyway because it ended up being a more awesome surprise. First off, I wanted this set not only because it'd add dimension to my shelf (by having a figure repelling off the side instead of just standing on the shelf), but because of the purple shoes and glasses. It just seems like purple is such a rare color in playmobil, but purple is also a color I like alot. But I felt the $9 they wanted was too much because you're mostly paying for a chunk of gray plastic. But when it went on sale, I snatched it up right away.

He's pretty cool not only because his almost gaudy purple, teal, and yellow outfit, but here's the most awesome thing that you can't tell from any of the pictures: The back of the rock has a plastic adjustable clamp in the back, so you can attach this anywhere, and it wont just topple over! I'm just super excited about that because I thought the rock would just sit there, and I imagined my cat getting at the guy and the whole thing plummeting to the ground in the middle of the night. But no, I can clamp it to my shelf! I'm just too excited.

Also, to add to the gaudiness, the rope is not yellow as in pictures but a neon yellow! I love it.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: 7529 mountain climber
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 22:40:25 »
That sounds like a cool feature! Can you take a picture?
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 02:18:51 »
The figure is from this set:

http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showinv.pl?setnum=3842

which I'm pleased to say I have.  It's probably my favourite Playmobil set.

The 7529 version appears to be available at a number of US toy stores online.

EDIT:  People complain a lot about US Playmobil's service, but they certainly get some great offers on some old sets from them what with the mountaineer, the 4394 railway signal, not to mention the 7438 barn and the 7333 scaffolding.  Many of these items are about two-thirds of the UK price BEFORE they are in the sale and, like the signal haven't been available for a long time!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 02:27:02 by playmofire »
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 18:22:57 »
The figure is from this set:

http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showinv.pl?setnum=3842

I expect it's identical actually. Does 7529 come with instructions? I'd like them just in case some numbers are updated.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline reimagination

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 22:43:27 »

Offline reimagination

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 22:45:29 »
Sorry, I only have my webcam right now. But if you want me to type out a product number for you, just let me know.

Also, it looks to be exactly like set 3842 except without the bird.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 01:00:59 »
Oh, that's so cool!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2013, 01:36:02 »
Sorry, I only have my webcam right now. But if you want me to type out a product number for you, just let me know.

Also, it looks to be exactly like set 3842 except without the bird.

Got it, thanks!  Will confirm a couple of things via PM.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 22:39:07 »
That does look like a rather old set, I've got to say I've never been a great one for the sunglasses but, other than that it looks like a pretty neat set and quite fun owing to the fact that you can as you say clamp the rock to any surface and to the fact that hecomes with full equipment, ropes etc. plus has loads of footholes in the rock by the looks of it  :)