Author Topic: Heidi (2020)  (Read 8777 times)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
Re: Heidi (2020)
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2019, 13:58:54 »
I got the reply from the Benelux DS-service that the klickies and the animals (which are characters) cannot be ordered separately.

That confirms what I´ve heard so far and what I feared. I tried to order several accessories from klickies (so not the klickies themselves) from a licensed theme a while ago, and that didn´t always work out either.
Sometimes there are great klickies in these licensed sets that I really want, but I don´t want to buy an entire expensive set (sometimes including a building) which I have no use for just to get a klicky. And ordering a few more through DS for customizing purposes will also not be possible...
Darn, this is a very bad evolution.  :hissyfit:
In that case the future for klicky-customizers looks pretty dark, with more and more of the regular themes being replaced by licensed ones.

Btw, is the "Movie Theme" a licensend one as well, or is it a "regular" theme?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 14:04:09 by Hadoque »

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2019, 20:33:10 »
Btw, is the "Movie Theme" a licensend one as well, or is it a "regular" theme?

It is licensed as well unfortunately! Even the new bowler hat of Marla... And yes, it seems Playmobil found a way to let collectors buy complete sets again...
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2019, 20:34:11 »
The high-res pictures (source: official Playmobil website):

Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2019, 23:30:27 »
Thanks for the high-res pics  :)

It is licensed as well unfortunately! Even the new bowler hat of Marla... And yes, it seems Playmobil found a way to let collectors buy complete sets again...

A disaster...
Customizing or building scenes with multiples of the same klicky (or customized variations) or multiples of the same part or accessory will be reserved solely to the most finanicially fortunated people.
Who will buy 10 complete expensive sets just to get 10 brown bowler hats?? 8} 8} 8}

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2019, 17:57:59 »
On the one hand yeah, but on the other hand keep in mind this is Playmobil. They reuse molds many times. The building from the new pizza cafe was also in the 5129 harbour cafe, 5432 campsite, and 5634 preschool. Odds are good something like a hat will be back again in a regular set eventually. Special paint often will not, but the basic shapes do come back.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2019, 22:48:27 »

Who will buy 10 complete expensive sets just to get 10 brown bowler hats?? 8} 8} 8}
There's always paint.

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2019, 23:54:47 »
On the one hand yeah, but on the other hand keep in mind this is Playmobil. They reuse molds many times.

Yes, but it is never sure upfront which part, klicky or accessory will be reused or not later on, and how long one will have to wait for that. Sometimes just a few months, sometimes decades. The "pig-being-roasted" from the pirates´ theme is back this year, but it took them 30 years to reuse/re-release that item.

There's always paint.

The bowler hat I used as example is a not so common item, even in black.
And I don´t want to spend most of my time repainting stuff. Repainting some parts occasionally, fine.
Btw, time being spent on erasing increasing loads of unwanted prints is also going up steep.

Online Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2019, 06:13:27 »
Oh man, I had a hard enough time resisting the Alpine theme. Maybe I'll get the shop and Clara for Victorian-y parts.

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2019, 13:07:03 »
Oh man, I had a hard enough time resisting the Alpine theme. Maybe I'll get the shop and Clara for Victorian-y parts.

I didn't manage to resist both the summer Alpine nor the winter Alpine themes - but this is definitly a theme I want.
Though I am somewhat underwhelmed by some of the figures; specially Peter looks somewhat 'boring' to me.

Still- plenty / too much that I probably will buy … sigh.

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Online Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2019, 07:32:16 »
I didn't manage to resist both the summer Alpine nor the winter Alpine themes - but this is definitly a theme I want.
Though I am somewhat underwhelmed by some of the figures; specially Peter looks somewhat 'boring' to me.

Still- plenty / too much that I probably will buy … sigh.

Bogro

TBH, I did get a couple small Alpine sets (OMG the cows!), but I'm trying very hard not to start another theme. I don't actually know the characters, except Heidi of course. But there are some great old timey parts in this theme.