Author Topic: Why are DS klickies more expensive?  (Read 936 times)

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
Why are DS klickies more expensive?
« on: March 20, 2011, 09:59:27 »
Yesterday I bought yet another bag of legionnaires from the fun park, and I noticed they cost around euro 8. 50. Keeping in mind that a special costs around 2 euro, why would three klickies in a plastic bag cost so much more? Its true such sets are good for troop building, but they hardly make sense for the consumer, money-wise. I cant remember what the 4271 set used to cost (probably around 12 euro), but with two extra figures and a scorpion thrown in, it was certainly more value for money.  ::) ::) ::)
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: Why are DS klickies more expensive?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 10:35:03 »
Well a 4271 here costs 14.99 euros. The legionnaire bag costs 7.49 euros.

That leaves 7,5 euros for the centurion, the standard bearer and the scorpion bolt thrower (balistra). Looks a good equivalent to me. buying lots of 4271 leaves you with more centurions and standard bearers than you actually need.

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 10:40:43 »
Really?  :-\ :-\ :-\

Why do they cost more for us, when they're made here in the first place?  ::) ::) ::)

I can't remember what the 4271 used to cost - the last time i saw one in the shops, locally, was some two years ago (already!), but I don't think it was that expensive - certainly less than 14 99. I didn't mind having the centurions and standard-bearers either, I used to customise those into guards, etc.

Yesterday I also bought a bag of barbarians. That, too, cost 8 euro something. I quite like those figures - they're a bit like vikings, but much better looking, I think. Might customise all of my vikings to make them look like Huns  ::) ::) ::)

Do you have all the DS sets available from the Greek funpark, Wolf? In Malta you only get some of the sets - Im thinking about the cannons, the animals and so on. But no figures. Those, you have to order, which is a bit of a bummer - orders take a long time to arrive. At the German funpark you can get all the sets, though - which is why I want to go so badly  :P :P :P
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 11:27:53 »
The 4271 used to have a higher price, I think the first time it arrived it costed 16.99 or 17.99. I think the shops now want to get rid of their stock thus the price 14.99.

Yes we can get all the sets from the catalogue in Athens Funpark. But they don't always coincide with the german catalogue. there might be some more items there, or some less. Unfortunately, until now, when I asked for a set for more than one time in a go they refused to send it. But now with the DS individual part orders begin, I hope things will get better.  :crossed: