Author Topic: Who knows her?  (Read 4292 times)

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
Re: Who knows her?
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 16:27:49 »
It would be a great idea for a special, though! :love:

Bogro

I'd really like to see a Cricketer as a special.

If they could include pads, a bat, a ball, a helmet and one set of stumps, then anyone couple 22 figures and create their own match. They'd sell like hot cakes in the UK, but Germany don't play cricket, so I guess it's a forlorn hope.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 18:34:37 »

I'd really like to see a Cricketer as a special.

If they could include pads, a bat, a ball, a helmet and one set of stumps, then anyone couple 22 figures and create their own match. They'd sell like hot cakes in the UK, but Germany don't play cricket, so I guess it's a forlorn hope.

I don't know, Martin ...

It's amazing how many people DO play cricket.

These little island countries in the Caribbean all seem to have cricket teams. And, of course, in Canada they play cricket everywhere. (There even seem to be a few cricket teams in the United States) ... ;)

So fingers crossed. Two new specials: A Bobbie and a cricketer ... :)

All the best,
Richard

Offline playmoed

• x
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 17:32:46 »
Hi,

Talking about Playpeople, I'm a huge fan of Playpeople sets and currently own 45 different Playpeople sets (all new, misb). I have some questions though, hopefully someone here can answer them.

1. I have a Marx-Toys 1979 catalogue which features the complete line-up of Playpeople sets, except for the Circus Band Superset, was this set produced in 1980, which would mean it would be one of the last Playpeople sets to be produced ?

2. I've seen a picture of a particular interesting Playpeople item, it's a so called Christmas pack, which is a net that contains around 4 to 5 boxes and a blister. I heard that it came in different themes (Western, Knights, Police etc.). Does anybody know more about these sets, as a Playpeople collector I've never seen them before

3. I have some merchandise from the Playpeople Club (newsletters etc.). Does anyone have more info about this, like what items were produced for Club members, or was it only the newsletter and some badges ?

4. There was a picture here of a rare Playpeople set released by 'Mothercare', does anyone have this set and were more Playpeople sets produced exclusively for companies ?

If anyone here wants to sell or trade Playpeople than please mail me at 'edberst@hotmail.com'

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 22:16:11 »
It's amazing how many people DO play cricket.

In India and Pakistan Cricket is as popular or more popular than Football.  My Indian friends (alas, all gone to the mists of time) made a big fuss every year about the Cricket championship.  In college, the local Arabic restaurant (must have been Pakistani owned) set up a TV and was crowded full with exchange students for Cricket championship.

-Tim