Author Topic: Disassembling 2CV, 70640  (Read 1304 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Disassembling 2CV, 70640
« on: December 01, 2023, 19:59:21 »
I'd like to take a 2CV apart, with a view to giving it a respray in green. My wife and I honeymooned in France in a green 2CV, so I'd like to create a PM one. Can anyone offer any tips on how to take it apart without damage?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline pingo

• Playmo Fanatic
Re: Disassembling 2CV, 70640
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2024, 14:55:29 »
 :wave: You have to take out the radiator grill and the part where the rear lights are attached then you can take the body off
you should preferably not have fitted the bumpers in now they are not so easy to get out again
unfortunately, all the new cars have the windows fixed so you have to mask them off
You can see here how I did it with mine
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ws6GdWdaiV21cgz79
I'm just not into baby blue cars

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2024, 16:20:03 »
That is beautiful work, Pingo!   :clap:
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2024, 16:48:30 »
Yes, excellent it is now, I think, a 2CV Charleston.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2024, 21:51:24 »
Looks amazing

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2024, 10:10:36 »
:wave: You have to take out the radiator grill and the part where the rear lights are attached then you can take the body off
you should preferably not have fitted the bumpers in now they are not so easy to get out again
unfortunately, all the new cars have the windows fixed so you have to mask them off
You can see here how I did it with mine
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ws6GdWdaiV21cgz79

Thanks pingo, I discovered for myself how to get it apart eventually. Masked the windows, same as you. I was pleased with the results... pictures to follow!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2024, 19:22:12 »
As promised...

Masking those small black panels on the boot lid and the silver door handles was a challenge!

I opted not to spray right up to the windows internally:

And here is the 'original'

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2024, 20:03:26 »
 :love: :love: :love:

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2024, 21:38:54 »
Love it!  :D Excellent job, wow.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2024, 21:40:59 »
Bravo!!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”