Author Topic: 5901 small Ghost Ship  (Read 8073 times)

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
  • Just say the magic word!
Re: 5901 small Ghost Ship
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2010, 08:11:35 »
So it just perplexes me that they’d opt to create sails like that…

It is a toy. It looks cool. It is supposed to be a ghost ship. It is meant to be for kids.
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman

Offline highlandcattle

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2010, 12:22:01 »
Wow I hope this set reaches Europe in the future! I would love to own that coat

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2010, 11:49:31 »
I have the 4444 version of this and was unexpectedly suprised at its size.  The pics on the box made it appear to be more of a longboat than a ship.  I too noticed it had potential to be more than one type of vessel.  The four unused attatchment points on the sides of the ship may be oar pivot points as in some of the smaller rowboats/longboats.  I too thought there might be an additional bowsprit to attach a jib sail, then rig it with a gaff behind, making it more of a dinghy.

I originally thought that having such a small craft with three attachment point for cannons was unfathomable, but after some research I realized this could pass as a 17th/18th century GUNSHIP, which actually carried three cannons, one facing forward at the bow, and two each on sliding rails facing port and starboard.

In either case, sails are easily replaceable with your own.  Playmobil provides the basis, you provide the creativity and imagination to make it into something even better :)

I like this ship, and I really like the klickies.  I wish I could just buy all the different ghost pirates seperately though without having to buy the entire sets to get the individual figures.
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2010, 03:44:47 »
Wow I hope this set reaches Europe in the future! I would love to own that coat

It's the same coat of the new Father Christmas ... I guess it's come to stay (for "Napoleonic" customizing need recognized by geobra B. ;D )

~

It's a nice colour as a variation for the 4444. I hope I'll get one, even though I'm not a fan of ghost pirates either, and my own ships will never be spooky-powered! :P I like this dinghy :captain:

Nice review, and wonderful pictures as always, Martin! :wave:

Gus
:blackhair:
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2010, 05:02:27 »
Hi

Thanks for the well put together review  :wow:. I am sure we will be putting a small fleet of these dead pirates to go with the larger ship & sea creatures . We will gladly use them  for hunting down some of our merchant ships  :evilplan: It will interesting to see if you can use say 5 of these sets and mix in all the klicky parts to come up with a diverse looking clan ?

Thanks again for the info, I might have overlooked it at TRU when I was there. I saw all the other ones you mentioned but this might have not been in our local store. $20 is a decent price but 4444 seemed to have more stuff like the rope w/flag and originally it was $20 also.

I guess if you collect long enough you will be like the old may saying how he remembers when petrol was .25¢/gallon (i need Richards smiley with the white beard and waving a cane, it is not one of Sylvia's new and improved selection so he is importing it from somewhere ? )

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: