Author Topic: klicky with non movable hands  (Read 3769 times)

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
Re: klicky with non movable hands
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2010, 06:23:45 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: no i don't mean it that way ,i say the older movable hands were bigger than the current ones ,and when they changed them and started produce the smaller ones some klickys had both hand in the one side the small and the other the big ,i don't mean the whole arm ,the movable hand only the white when i say big i don't mean a huge difference but a little thicker , i think they changed it so the klicky can catch things more easily  ??? ???,strange that you haven't notised it?

Some klickies had two hands on the same arm, a big one and a small one?

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2010, 06:36:28 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: no i don't mean it that way ,i say the older movable hands were bigger than the current ones ,and when they changed them and started produce the smaller ones some klickys had both hand in the one side the small and the other the big ,i don't mean the whole arm ,the movable hand only the white when i say big i don't mean a huge difference but a little thicker , i think they changed it so the klicky can catch things more easily  ??? ???,strange that you haven't notised it?

No, I've never noticed that.  When I unpack the Playmo after our move, I'll look out for it.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tanotrooper

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2010, 09:50:39 »
i have some klickys from the middle period around there 94-95 and each hand is different the right hand is bigger and the left smaller ,do you know anything about this ?? ??? ??? ??? ???

I do recall seeing this once, it was on a figure with a (dark) brown torso from a big lot. The left hand almost looked like a child hand, a really weird combination and there were no signs of customisation on the figure...
Si pacem vis, para bellum.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2010, 13:51:59 »
To make a klicky with moveable hands a different injection technology is used and I suppose that the old machines are no longer available.

if only i could get me hands on the moulding machine(s0 that made the old nuremberg guards...  :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2010, 13:54:44 »

oh i see that's the way it works thanks gordon  :)

oh !! i don't know if you know this issue from 1980 until around 1995 the klickys movable hands were a little bigger than the ones we have today ??? ??? i have some klickys from the middle period around there 94-95 and each hand is different the right hand is bigger and the left smaller ,do you know anything about this ?? ??? ??? ??? ???

I have never noticed this before Sir playmo. are you sure ?? i have lots of klickies from that era and cannot recall seeing a difference in the playmo hands.... neither have i noiceds a difference in movable hands sizes pre and post 95... i will have a good look when i am next to my klickies next time.. very interesting , have never noitced any of this though .......... ??? ??? ??? ??? :o :o :o :o :o :o
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2010, 14:37:51 »
I do recall seeing this once, it was on a figure with a (dark) brown torso from a big lot. The left hand almost looked like a child hand, a really weird combination and there were no signs of customisation on the figure...

child's hand hmmm... ??? ??? no not that small as it is a current adult playmobil hand the older was a little bigger  ;)
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2010, 14:42:16 »
I have never noticed this before Sir playmo. are you sure ?? i have lots of klickies from that era and cannot recall seeing a difference in the playmo hands.... neither have i noiceds a difference in movable hands sizes pre and post 95... i will have a good look when i am next to my klickies next time.. very interesting , have never noitced any of this though .......... ??? ??? ??? ??? :o :o :o :o :o :o

yes ! don't take a klicky from the 90's to compare because must probably is the current hand ,take an originall klicky from the 80's ,the difference is very small but notisable and annoying if a klicky has one of each for his hands ! ;)
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2010, 19:03:16 »
There is a slight difference in the size of hands and arms from the early figures in the 70's.

The opening on the early figures hands was a little bit wider if you try and put a modern polearm into it they just simply drop through.

I used to think that this was caused by play and often put hands into hotwater to soften the plastic hand and close it to take the newer weapons.

Also if you put older one piece hands onto a torso with the new style inner frame they stand away from the body more and don't fit as good at the shoulders.
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2010, 21:37:12 »
There is a slight difference in the size of hands and arms from the early figures in the 70's.

The opening on the early figures hands was a little bit wider if you try and put a modern polearm into it they just simply drop through.

I used to think that this was caused by play and often put hands into hotwater to soften the plastic hand and close it to take the newer weapons.

Also if you put older one piece hands onto a torso with the new style inner frame they stand away from the body more and don't fit as good at the shoulders.

why they changed it after to smaller size??  ???  when they stopped producing the old hands must probably there were some left and some new klickys had both hands but there is no difference in the arms only hands
The spirits rule !!!!