Author Topic: some mystery parts "Parts Identifying Extravaganza #1"  (Read 13374 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
some mystery parts "Parts Identifying Extravaganza #1"
« on: October 10, 2009, 06:55:37 »
I just got a lot from ebay and i can not figure where these go

any ideas  ???

« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 16:45:11 by Rasputin »
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: some mystery parts
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 07:47:29 »
Number 11 is a ladder connector for the old wooden ladder - see here

http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-02-5280
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 08:45:16 »

#3 I thought this was the base for a swing in an old playground set. eg. 3552 but the connectors look different.  :eh?:

#5 is probably the handlebars from a snowmobile - http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-06-7610

#15 also looks familiar - a bit like the folded down roof which sits at the back of a carriage or a convertible, but the scale is a bit off.

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 11:09:10 »
#7 I think is the upright pole from the quintain in 3668. If you have no use for it, I have one that's a bit broken and needs replacing, but can't be got as a spare.

#15 possibly from the victorian perambulator in 5510, would need a better picture to be sure.

# 17 may be one end of the tournament stand in 3652.

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 12:48:26 »
#4 looks like a dog house roof...30 20 2410..there is a couple of them in different colors.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 13:20:51 »
Gordon , #4 yes thats it and would explain why there was half a dozen  :wow:

Sylvia, #3 I do have the base that came in this lot and this particular piece is smaller ( I know I had one of these before I just seem to never be able to place it )
#5 yes  :wow:
#15 that is what it does look like to me too but it is so small  ???

Martin ,#7 yes that is it and I have to check if i have a broken one also but if I do not its yours  :)9
#15 yes I just happen to have one and it is it exactly  :wow:
#17 I think you are right  :wow:

Jimbo, I thought it might be something like that but it is much bigger . I then thought it might be a roof to a animal feeder or shelter  ???
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 13:33:25 »
Hey we could almost make a game of this  :eh?: You have to name a set # or part # where the part belongs  :**:

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 14:06:31 »

Hey we could almost make a game of this  :eh?:

Looks like Martin is winning this game so far. :)9

I have always felt that way about these types of topics. We could even do it with parts that we have already identified ourselves. It's really fun to test your parts knowledge!

Is #8 a slightly flexible piece? It looks like it could be a back rail section of the seating from a circus set, like in 3553 or 3720.

Offline highlandcattle

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2009, 14:33:16 »
Number 4 is from set 3412 it is the roof of the shepperd cart.
Number 8 is a part from the old red circus to hang the bell on and a wooden ladder (it's steck!!!). I can't be arsed to look up the set number.
Number 14 is also a steck part used to mask the edge of a platform (safari house, cargo terminal)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2009, 21:24:48 »
Sylvia , Yes point for you it is from the circus .   :confetti:

Highland ,  Point on the roof , I have never seen that one before
yes it is what # 14 is - point, I found it in 7400

Sylvia is up to 2  :cheerlead:

Highland
jumps in with 2 as well :cheerlead:

Gordon who started us off is at 1 :cheerlead:

Martin is in the lead with 3 :cheerlead:

« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 21:35:44 by Rasputin »