Author Topic: GrUmpy & Grumpier old men!  (Read 9234 times)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
Re: GrUmpy & Grumpier old men!
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2009, 20:04:06 »

Old? Hell, that's ancient  :lol:! Just kidding, I remember my grandfather talking about those days!

There were a lot less people on the planet back in those "ancient" days. I may have known your grandfather ... ;)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2009, 20:27:02 »
There were a lot less people on the planet back in those "ancient" days. I may have known your grandfather ... ;)

Well done oh ancient one! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 20:57:33 by Bill Blackhurst »
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2009, 20:40:07 »
It's all relative.

Our two under-18 Playmofriends very likely have no idea what we are talking about.  They don't know a time without computers or cell phones!

Anyway...yes!  The Hot Wheels loop-the-loop tracks!  And the Snake and Mongoose!  I never had the oval track with the super charger building.  My cousin did, the lucky brat!

CARPE KLICKY!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2009, 20:55:13 »
Every once in awhile I get some nads, & go to eBay to see what one of the Hot Wheels I used to have costs now in mint condition, & weep uncontrollably! I used to have the wild looking surf board hauler with the 2 white surf boards, & heard that one went for well over $2000.00 MIP! I used to roll mine down our concrete driveway flipping or tumbling until there wasn't hardly any paint left on it! I could retire if I hadn't destroyed the toys of my childhood  :(!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2009, 21:02:44 »
I could retire if I hadn't destroyed the toys of my childhood  :(!

At least you got to destroy your toys on your own.  Most of mine were thrown away at some point by mom and dad without ever asking me or telling me.   :'(

CARPE KLICKY!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2009, 21:06:02 »
Did I mention the battles involving my 12" GI Joes vs. M80's, & M1000's  >:D? It was gruesome  :yup:!

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2009, 21:15:07 »
Did I mention the battles involving my 12" GI Joes vs. M80's, & M1000's  >:D? It was gruesome  :yup:!

Oh, cool!  GI Joes plural?  Lucky dog!  I only had one!  My best friend had a couple of GI Joes.  We had the greatest fun doing battles in the front yard or in the garden.
CARPE KLICKY!

Offline seawarrior

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2009, 21:21:29 »
i never have played with 1 gi joe and never want too, sorry im not old school  :hehe:

just kidding
Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling it brings!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2009, 21:28:07 »
I had a unit of 7 if I remember correctly. I had 3 of the talking ones with the pull out dog tag, & the color striped string to know where the phrases were! Hit the dirt! In coming! It's when they ceased being fun much later on that the demolition team effects were seen. The accessories were off of the chain for those figures! The large space capsule with astronaut suit, the medic set with stretcher IV set up, navy rafts, aircraft firefighter suit, jungle fighter, awesome!

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2009, 21:28:42 »
i never have played with 1 gi joe and never want too, sorry im not old school  :hehe:

just kidding

Hey!  What are you doing here in the old geezers' section?   :lol:
CARPE KLICKY!