Author Topic: Mystery Hallowe'en Set  (Read 2492 times)

Offline Alison01326

• formerly known as "Bad Mum!"
  • Playmo Lover
Mystery Hallowe'en Set
« on: March 03, 2011, 16:03:45 »
A couple of years ago, I bought one of those charming plastic pumpkins and contents.  Now, whilest I am sure I have the packaging somewhere, I am becoming increasingly frustrated that I cannot find reference to my set anywhere!! I only want the part number as I've just inventoried my collection and I've got a gap!!

Inside the pumpkin was a white Klicky, a glow in the dark white ghost sheet and a glow in the dark skeleton with a ball and chain around his ankle.

Anyone know the set number, please?

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: Mystery Hallowe'en Set
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 16:12:22 »
I do not remember a pumpkin like that. I recall there being 4 (2 kids, an adult ghost, a vampire and a mummy)
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Alison01326

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 16:35:03 »
That's all I can find on Collectobil, in the Collector book and on PlaymoDB. I must have a look and see if I kept the packaging.  If I did, it's probably in a box, inside a box, inside another box somewhere.

This year there appears to be a new set 7482 "Scary Ghosts" but they don't come with a pumpkin and are not really similar at all http://www.playmobil.de/on/demandware.store/Sites-GB-Site/en_GB/Product-Detail?pid=7482&cgid=

Mine's in the loft waiting for next Hallowe'en but I'll pop up and get it tomorrow and take a photo.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 16:43:51 »
Is it something new ? I have a bunch but they are all repeats of the 4
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 17:06:39 »
Are you positive that those two figures actually came with the pumpkin? Or did it come used from ebay or something, so that someone else may have put the set together that way?
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Alison01326

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 17:50:11 »
Yes, Bonnie, I bought it in early 2009, and kept it unopened in the lockable cupboard above my desk at home. I must have looked at it every day and I know it had its cardboard packaging on it because I took it off on the day I got it all out for display. I'd be very surprised if I haven't kept the packaging somewhere.

I can't remember where i got it from but it wasn't EBay. There are a limited number of shops where I might have bought it but being relatively new to Playmobil I clearly remember thinking "this pumpkin container is a bit different, I'll have it!"

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 18:01:35 »
Hm, this is an interesting mystery indeed!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 18:17:05 »
Well the white klicky and glow in the dark sheet with the ball chain sure sound like the 3317 - Glow-In-The-Dark Ghost  (mind you this is the third version and the klickies in versions 1&2 did not have a beard) and all the playmobil skeletons are glow in the dark as well...but there was never a pumpkin with both of them issued... hmmm if it was then you have a unique mystery set in your hands... ;D

Offline Alison01326

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 18:54:04 »
Aha, Wolf Knight, we are half way there.  Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I'm beginning to question my own memory as to the origins of the set now, so I'm praying I've still got the cardboard sleeve.  Hadn't come across 3317 in my search for answers, but definitely fits the bill (including beard) and that set seems to have been around for long enough for someone to make up a pumpkin set with a skeleton but I DEFINITELY bought it in a shop!!

This is driving me nuts now, because you are all basically confirming what I had thought all along. It doesn't exist  ???

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 23:03:10 »
Well it's Halloween - there are all sorts of things that don't really exist at Halloween.  ;D