Author Topic: 4323 truck and trailer  (Read 12708 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
4323 truck and trailer
« on: January 06, 2011, 20:20:58 »
I've long had my eye on the 4323 truck and trailer and managed to get one off eBay for £50 this summer, MISB.  So here's a review.

First, the usual shots of the box. 

Well, I thought photobucket was clumsy and long-winded, but flickr beats it hands down so I'll abandon this and go and watch tele.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 20:44:18 by playmofire »
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Re: 4323 truck and trailer
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 19:53:12 »
 :(
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 20:18:17 »
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 20:23:56 »
Right, here we go again using photobucket.

I've had my eye on this set for some time, but a £70 or so it was a bit much.  However, last year I got one on eBay BIN at £50 including postage after making an offer.  It is a stupendous set.

First, box front and back:

The a test to see it's working.

It is working, so now box end:

and then the box sides:

Because of the fact that there are two vehicles to review (the truck and the trailer), there are a lot of photos, so the review will take some time.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 20:35:55 by playmofire »

Offline Clong

• playmo emt
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 20:26:54 »
could anyone tell me why this set is so much money in US $90

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 20:35:24 »

This is about £55 in UK pounds, so it's cheaper than the original UK price

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 20:48:27 »
Let's look at the truck now.

First, two showing the truck chassis:

and then a front view:

followed by a side on view:

and then front and rear threequarter views:

and, finally, a side view with the container sides open:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 20:56:16 »
After this post, I'm having a little break, so a look at the cab.

A general view of the cab from behind:

Note the little slot for a mobile 'phone, although there is also still the slot for a two-way radio:

Now, a view of the cab from the front, note the slot at the rear of the cab:

which houses the lift out bed for the driver:

lastly on this post, the driver asleep with the cab roof in place:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 21:55:50 »
Right, I'm back from my break and we'll look at some detail on the truck.

The cab tips forward to reveal the engine, showing radiator header tank, cylinder head with six plugs and gearbox:

On the right side of the chassis (looking from the rear) there is a drop down cover which reveals a compressed air tank and related gear:

and on the other side another drop down cover reveals a large fuel tank, the filling nozzle of which is accessible through a hole in the drop down cover so the tank can be filled with the cover in place:

The final bit of detail is the TIR plate on the right hand rear of the chassis, the registration number being on the left hand rear of the chassis and taking the usual form of PM followed by the last two digits of the year of release and then the set number (you can see this clearly on the picture of the truck chassis from the rear:

« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 22:07:45 by playmofire »

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 22:12:25 »

Good question! The radio control unit is sold separately, so that's not a factor. Maybe they consider it being four large units at $23.00 each. The truck tractor with removeable container being the first & second units & the detachable trailer with removeable container being the third & forth units.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!