Author Topic: buy-online sites crashdown??  (Read 3326 times)

Offline Knight Train

• Playmo Lover
  • Knight in Training
Re: buy-online sites crashdown??
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 18:28:06 »
I have gotten significant discounts with large orders by talking with some one who has the authority to discount.  Sometimes you'll find that they just want to clear out stuff and make a few dollars back.  Especially if they know you'll order elsewhere (like playmobil.com) without the discount.

Remember, it never hurts to ask.

Offline nicki72

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 03:40:21 »
Define "large order", please!  I suspect all of our ideas of "large" might be "largely" different!   ;D
"If you never did, you should. These things are fun, and fun is good." ~~Dr. Seuss

Offline Knight Train

• Playmo Lover
  • Knight in Training
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 05:58:48 »
To me a large order is more than $250.  Here's an example, I got 2 trains, the cargo train and the RC train, plus 5 cars, cargo car, 2 tipper cars and 2 panarama cars, for $400 including shipping.  List price at playmobil.com was $500.  That's 20% off.

And yes, the retailer I got this from is now gone - toymine.com

But I would not hesitate to call RRS and ask for a similar deal.  At the time RRS did not have the panarama cars in stock.  And yes, this was after playmobil made everyone raise their online prices.

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2009, 08:13:18 »
To me, a large order is anything $100.00 and over.  I am but a poor Playmo enthusiast.   :(
CARPE KLICKY!

Offline nicki72

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2009, 13:10:57 »
To me, a large order is anything $100.00 and over.  I am but a poor Playmo enthusiast.   :(
Me too! lol!  And I have a hard time convincing my husband that this is a necessary expense!  :lol:
"If you never did, you should. These things are fun, and fun is good." ~~Dr. Seuss

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2009, 13:40:28 »
Me too! lol!  And I have a hard time convincing my husband that this is a necessary expense!  :lol:

Tell him it could be something much worse  :-\!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline nicki72

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2009, 16:53:04 »
Tell him it could be something much worse  :-\!

So true!  At least he finally caught on that the Playmo wasn't actually "just for the kids"! lol--he's a really good sport about it though!  (Even drove us an hour and 1/2 to go pick up a craigslist purchase that he knew was ALL MINE! tee hee)!

Just the same, I WILL be calling RRS next time I place an order to see if there's any chance of a discount!  :yup: