Author Topic: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St  (Read 199613 times)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
Re: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St
« Reply #580 on: April 30, 2014, 15:19:57 »

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #581 on: April 30, 2014, 15:26:01 »

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #582 on: April 30, 2014, 15:31:19 »

Monsieur Firmin & Miss Periwinkle are sending their greetings to all of you who are following their work though the gardens of Regent St :wave:

Karim :gent:

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #583 on: May 01, 2014, 10:04:13 »
A well deserved treat for two such industrious workers!  :)

Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #584 on: May 01, 2014, 12:58:03 »
Thank you so much dear Friend for still be commenting and enjoying this Making Of after all these years  :wave:

Karim
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 15:02:58 by playmovictorian »

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #585 on: May 02, 2014, 04:23:11 »
Good morning dear Friends  :wave:

I am searching high and low for the Victorian Washing & Laundry set N° 5407  :-\...

I want to create a washing line scene on the 4th patch of my vegetable & fruit garden as this will be a busy Mansion with lots of washing  8}

If you spot one, please do let me know  ;)

Thank you very much.

Karim

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #586 on: May 02, 2014, 05:16:48 »
I am searching high and low for the Victorian Washing & Laundry set N° 5407  :-\...

That makes two of us, I've been on the look-out for a long time for this one.

There's a modern 'city life' set that has the pegs too (set 4288). 

Offline sunflower

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #587 on: May 02, 2014, 06:50:46 »
A very well deserved tea party. Love how it turned out over the months. It is such a lovely place. I wish I could go there to enjoy the beautiful garden and taste some of the beautiful cake.  :)
life in plastic it's fantastic

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #588 on: May 02, 2014, 08:59:18 »
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments & tips dear Friends  :wave:

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #589 on: May 04, 2014, 04:43:28 »
Good morning dear Friends  :wave:

I hope that you are all well and enjoying this glorious Springtime we are experiencing this year  :love:

Now that Monsieur Firmin & Miss Periwinkle have nearly completed their works around the Vegetable & Fruit Garden - the 4th square will welcome an old fashion washing line showing the finest tea towels and linen of our beloved Head Cook Mrs Applepie & her Team since this is the garden adjacent to the Victorian kitchen, as well as a strawberries bed ready for picking and a few aromatic herbs here and there with the cutest signs you have ever seen .

The next step wich should be in a few days hopefully, will be finalising the works on Regent St itself and its pedestrian sidewalk in particular with cascading plants to ornate the top of the bring pillars and tiny flowers which will grace the base of each brick pillar as I wish to give to recreate the feel of a botanical garden all around the outside grounds, including Regent St with those delicate little touches...

Then we will move to the grand gardens which will include the gate entrance to the N°1 Regent St Mansion, multiple alleys dressed in red brick which will contrast well with the greenery surrounding with typically English lawns and all throughout the gardens a feel of visiting a botanical garden with splashes of colours and a variety of shapes of flowers, plants, bushes and ornemental trees.

I have really enjoyed using Florist foam which will be perfect to create a perspective of scenery in a decor which is after all perfectly flat entirely creating from a blank paper page.

The main areas of the grand gardens will be the Summer Pavillion which will be decorated with climbing flowers such as purple colored roses and morning glories and the path leading to it lined with Orange trees in white planters, a romantic half circle hideaway with a bench framed by stone Cherubs and roses, of course, the elevated terrace for the evening show and the work I am really looking forward to start will be the water garden with a large brick lined pond leading to a grand fountain and framed by exotic plants and flowers including the ferns which are looking great.

Simultaneously, I will slowly introduce lights to the scenery in the shape of great LED street lights on Regent St and classic Dollhouse 12V lights around the gardens and will take you through the entire process thanks to the introduction of a new character who will be the "Electricity Fairy" of this project.

When completed, I will be beyond thrilled to start working on the victorian kitchen which you may remember has doubled in size and in which Mrs Applepie, the Head Cook and her two Kitchen Aids will work their magic and I promise you something truly special with a great level of détails  ;)

Once again, thank you for following the Return to Regent St project  :)

Karim
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 04:49:02 by playmovictorian »