Author Topic: 4882 RoboGang Boat  (Read 5658 times)

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
4882 RoboGang Boat
« on: October 18, 2011, 17:56:22 »
This is a quick look at a very cool boat that goes with the other Secret Agent and Robo Gang theme.  The 4882 Robo Gang Battle Yacht is priced at $45. with two figures.  It has a removable roof that is actually a small fighter airplane.

I was asked to post some photos and no longer have the box. The measurements of the boat are (in inches /cm) 15/38 long, 7/18 wide, and 7/18 tall with the fighter roof and 4/10 without the roof on. One can add a 7350 underwater motor (not included.) It comes with two pop-up missiles that are stored under the top of the bow.

The design is quite modern and angled with a very cool, somewhat Asian logo on the bow hull. It fits well with the 4875 headquarters, 4876 super racer car, and the 4878 truck shown in the photos. I built only the headquarters, which has reasonably simple instructions.

The navy color and sleek design of the windows and attached fighter plane provide a clean look that is quite modern and should be attractive to its target market of 8-14 year old males it would seem. But that does not mean that the rest of us can't play with it! (I am unwilling to let the neighbors' 10 and 12 year olds take this beauty for a sail because it is too cool in new condition.)

Must head out the door now, but am attaching photos for your review. The photos do not show the flap on the stern which folds down to reveal a stair entrance from the stern. Cheers, Pgal :wave:
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: 4882 RoboGang Boat
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 18:25:34 »
My wallet hates you too  :P

It looks really nice. Thanks for the pics - you're disgracing me..  :-[

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 18:31:49 »
I love that theme!!!!!!!!!!!!
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 18:35:10 »
I love that theme!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well... thanks to all of you,  I'm getting there... and I can't! Restraint, remember?

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 18:40:32 »
Well... thanks to all of you,  I'm getting there... and I can't! Restraint, remember?

maybe the problem is that in Portuguese "restraint" has another meaning.... you got lost in translation tahra. you are doomed!  :P
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 18:48:32 »
Thanks for the pics Pgal!!

I must admit I have been tempted to buy it but the vehicle looks so much like Steelhaven (a Transformers ship...
http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Steelhaven_(TFA) For those who are not in a mood to visit the link see attachment) that it will spoil my impression... I am wondering if Playmobil are copying other toys for this top agent series, like it seems they did with the robogang truck, to help children of older age relate to the playmobil toyline...

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 18:49:13 »
Thanks for the review playmogal.  :)

Nice pics and know what to expect now. Normally I'm not into the modern themes, but this one, as I expected.....oh no
just like Tahra: "I've got to get one of these now".

:lol: :lol: :wave:
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 19:18:55 »
Based on the interior style I think you could put a couple of bigger rockets/jets on it and use it as a spacecraft. It's an interesting set but well down on my wants list.

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 20:05:22 »
Yup. this is one cool theme...sorry to break the news to you "resistors/hesitants"...!!! it is sitting on our dining room table begging me to take it for a sail, but I gotta finish my work this moment or we will never get out of town as planned. The leaves are changing in the mountains, and they certainly ain't gonna wait for us to get there.

It does have a spacey look as if it could be used with star wars or something like that. I just flat out love the design and have no plans to shoot anything or anyone with all the rockets, missiles, bullets, etc. that come with this set. (Who says PM is not violent? Unh...uh.)

Can't wait to turn the HQ into a summer waterfront getaway...those two cars, the boat and the fighter plane may come in handy in reaching the darn place since we can't afford a real one on the water anywhere near our house. And this one should depreciate less than a house on the Outer Banks does....like 50% in the past 5 years. And it should be safe during a hurricane, earthquake, tornado and whatever else the gods decide to send our way next month.

Anyway this is one theme that totally surprised me...it knocked my socks off! Sorry about your wallets hating me, Pgal
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 23:32:54 »
Woah - it looks bigger in the flesh then it does on the box!
Great review, Pgal! :wave:
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.