Author Topic: 5101 Mammoth-bone tent, with hunters  (Read 7966 times)

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
5101 Mammoth-bone tent, with hunters
« on: September 25, 2011, 12:58:36 »
Did not buy all 6 sets from the stoneage theme at once, but this one did came along with the sabre toothed cats.
Had to see how the mammoth-bone hut is looking like in real life.

Here goes: front and back site

I did not want you to miss one of the pictures on the side of the box, even back in "the lithics" you had to chill
from time to time.  :)

:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
Re: 5101 Mammoth-bone tent, with hunters
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 13:18:08 »
The inside of the box containing its contents. :)

The contents of one of the bags contaning the wolf/dog and the skeleton of the mammoth and his tusks.
As can be seen from the picture, the tusks are bright white while the rest of the skeleton is more grey. I had hoped the
skeleton would be white. It is however possible that the grey skeleton resembles weathering.

The remaining contents, with the three neaderthaler klicky's , base and the mammoth skin. The base is a click system where you can attach the rocks to the sand. The skin is slightly bendable, but not much. Beneath the skin (not shown) are the pins to mount the skin to the base.

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 13:47:17 »
Here you can see the base with the rocks attached. There's lots of room for our stoneage klicky's.

The mammoth bones making the skeleton with one klicky underneath to show you the scale. Yeah, the tusks are big it's not just the photo. 8-)
I did not take a picture of how the skelton is mounted into the skin, I still can if one asks ofcourse. But as I mentioned earlier the skin is mounted to the base. The skeleton is just snapped into the skin and does not touch the base.

At last a kodak moment. At the right the klicky is domesticating the wolf/dog with a bone. :camera:

It's a nice set with a spear, axe, bone and a campfire as accessories. The fire has a gradient from orange to yellow in real life it looks kinda shabby but it works very well on a picture. It really looks like fire compared to the orange flames from pm so far if you ask me.
As a drawback of this set I must say that it could have contained more accessories (some stone tools and a drinking cup like a skull cap ;D) and an animal (dog/wolf or some mice :D ) extra.

Have fun with the pictures.  :wave:

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 13:56:22 »
Thanks for sharing!  This is a great looking theme!  I like the new fire. 

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 13:56:58 »
Thanks for the review.. :love:

I can't wait to have my hands on them!! I really love that theme. Just hope we get an add-on set with a family or something, or else it's a bit hard to expand the tribes...

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 13:58:06 »
Thanks for the review.. :love:

I can't wait to have my hands on them!! I really love that theme. Just hope we get an add-on set with a family or something, or else it's a bit hard to expand the tribes...

The surprise figures have a cavewoman!

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 14:06:09 »
Thanks for the review, conniefrere! :thanks:
This and the Smilodon set are a great stepping stone to build your Stone Age collection... ;)
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 14:08:00 »
Thanks so much for the review! These are just great. :love: Can't wait to get them!!!!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2011, 14:28:38 »
Loved the mammoth skeleton!
I agree it should be whiter then gray. But maybe Geobra wanted to make a contrast between the bones and the tusks.
Cheers!
Luciano

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 14:31:53 »
Thanks for the review. It looks like a great set. The skeleton will be very popular for people doing the big orc/undead battle scenes.