Author Topic: 4752 Celtic Warrior  (Read 14153 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
4752 Celtic Warrior
« on: September 19, 2011, 08:03:44 »
Hey folks, here's a new Special!!!

Another great special from Playmobil!!! And a good use of parts for customisation!!! Although I dont think these eybrows suit him  :-\

The only thing that I did not like much is the red colour of the shield,

the older produced shield in the Gaul warriors set was brown, and much better colour, me thinks!!!

Enjoy!!!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
Re: 4752 Celtic Warrior
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 08:06:24 »
Thanks for the review Sire !!! Actually he is a very good looking klicky and will make a fine addition ( a 'few' of them ) to my gaul / viking army. I agree the red shiled is inferior to the brown one, at least they have a similar print / design

i assume this is available at the funpark, i cant believe i was there this weekend i bought all this stuff and didnt buy any of these !!!!

ALSO i want to make an important point. The DS gauls set with the three warriors was presented as GAULS . HOWEVER this special has a similar if not identical design and shield print but there is a drakkar in the background. Perhaps this and the gauls klickies were meant to be vikings from the start ???:) :) :)
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 08:11:04 »
It's a bit boring if you ask me. And I'm not crazy about those blue boots. Give him a guitar and he looks like something out of an 80s heavy metal band from Germany.

The barbarian chief from last year was boring too ... and blue. What's the story with barbarians and the colour blue?

::) ::) ::)
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 08:16:38 »
:love:

Having missed the gauls/celts/whatever they are, I'm getting a couple of him.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 08:20:19 »
 :hmm: I think I'll agree with the colours Bolingbroke, Playmobil was never good at using colours... Then again, I dont expect to find historical accuracy or reality based depictions in playmobil ,even though they did some really nice work on other themes... think of him as a fantasy barbarian  :lol:

The problem between Viking, Purple Barbarians, Gauls and now this ''celtic'' warrior, is that colours and designs overlap. Since I cannot keep a single klicky the way it was introduced in its original state and need to swap parts, and in most cases uniform everything, but not for these guys, I have a really hard time customising them... I mean how many vikings, gauls, barbarians can have a big belly and the same boots and torso markings  ::)

George, I bought this from a german ebay seller. It wont be available until next year in Greece...

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 09:10:14 »
I mean how many vikings, gauls, barbarians can have a big belly and the same boots and torso markings  ::)

George, I bought this from a german ebay seller. It wont be available until next year in Greece...

A good point about the belly and boots sir !!!  :lol: :lol: I wish i had the time to make such customs etc ,

Next year ... awwww.. i was hoping i missed this klicky at the funpark on saturday's haul .. aw well....
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 10:19:48 »
The three DS gauls were very nice ... as was the gaul chief. But this one - like many other recent specials - looks cobbled together, unfortunately  :-\ :-\ :-\

I'm not expecting historical accuracy either ... but some semblance of accuracy would be nice. Imagine if they started giving us Indians in pink and bright green costumes for eg, instead of the tan and brown parts they give them now. I still bought a couple of this one, mind you.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 02:51:55 »
it's boring as it is ... some of the parts are great thought (i love that printed belt ) and can be usefull for customizing  8-)
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 06:48:41 »

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 07:42:28 »
He looks quite impressive to me and, if he were my theme, I'd certainly buy him and probably multiples to re-use parts with other figures.

That fur cloak looks very good and his hair style is new to me and his beard has new details I think, for example, the curve of the moustache.

As for colours, who knows what colours the Gauls, Celts etc had?  Maybe Playmobil has done some research on this.  Certainly, accepted ideas about the levels of culture in pre-Roman times amongst what the Romans called the barbarians are having to be revised in the light of new archaeological finds.  In early socities, colour meant high status, so why not blue boots?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”