Author Topic: 4877 Secret Agent Detection Jet  (Read 9400 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
4877 Secret Agent Detection Jet
« on: June 14, 2011, 15:00:51 »
Once again, I did something I never believed I would... I bought a second Top Agents set... But hey, this one reminded my a lot of the space theme, I mean the bad guy and the detection jet can work really well on a playmospace set up!!!

So, first things first, here is the box:

New cool design... I actually grow quite fond of it, the silver stripe and the blue square-doted top...

I'd like to draw your attention to the fact that the bad guy is actually a reproduction, with minor modifications (ok the gloves are the only thing different with this new model) of 3095 - Vortex Voyager

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: 4877 Secret Agent Detection Jet
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 15:13:37 »
I was too excited to put the set quickly together so I did not take any pics of the bags... but here are the assembled pieces:

Two klickies: female top agent, male roque...

The female has a new hairstyle... I've never seen it befor in any klicky, while the male rogue, except from the ''evil'' eyebrows, has a Maori stye tattoo around his one eye... cool!!!

Just a detail of the backpack, plugged with a system-x red plug on the suit...

and next, the little drones and the rocks!!!

These drones are soooo cute!!! they are chorme coated, so that the detector can pick them and two of the rocks are shallow for them to fit inside!!!

The detector...

not very impressed by it I must say but if I cratch off that spy team off its tail I think it will be far better...
All the designs on the dark grey part are decals, appart from the ones on the tail, and I must say that the ones that write detecor on it are the most difficult to place...
So anyway, here is how the detector looks underneath...

four system-x plugs, and the white detector can clip on the vehicle, but please note that the vehicle seems so... cheap underneath... Playmobil design could at least cover the part beneath the wings somehow as the main body is covered by the detector... but I guess, in their mind this does not make much of a difference to a kid...

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 15:17:19 »
The detector works at a really small range... you will have to place its sensor literary on top of the mettal item is its to work and start beeping...

So when played, its not an exaggeration, to lay down the detector on the surface for it to scan...

...and you know, being too close to the surface to scan for spy drones can be very... dangerous...

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 15:40:03 »
this is so cool! Panos! thanks for the review! I had no idea it was a real metal detector! One more excuse to take my playmo to the beach!  :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's true that the under side of the detector could be better. It looks cheap indeed.
Anyway I love this theme!
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 15:45:02 »
Well, the review is over folks...
Hope you liked it  :) It may be a top agent's set but it looks like a lot of fun....  8-)

Oh, one more thing... too much fun can lead in you buying four sets   ;D

But then again, we would never know of some minor mistakes at playmobil production.

These guys look great, dont they?

but, if you look at all four of the closely...

if you place the arme greaves to close to the main body, in other words, exactly where they are supposed to be...

the whole breathing gear moves upward and the space helmet does not stay at all in its place... its constantly coming off... And it happnes to all four of them... At first I thought, ''naw, just a minor mistake in the production line...'' but then I opened the second set and the same thing happened... next day I bough another two sets from another toyshop, which means, maybe, a different chronological production...both sets had the same problem...
So if you need your helmet to stay on all the time, just place the arm greaves a little off..

Finally, check the printing on these faces...

It may not be very well visible, I might need to get another pic of this, but the printing on the thrird klicky from the left, as you look at the pic, is a little off... seme with the far right klicky...

Just a couple of concluding facts for this, otherwise, really cool set!!!
Thanks for reading!!!  :)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 15:51:35 »
this is so cool! Panos! thanks for the review! I had no idea it was a real metal detector! One more excuse to take my playmo to the beach!  :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's true that the under side of the detector could be better. It looks cheap indeed.
Anyway I love this theme!

:lol: :lol: :lol: that sure is a great excuse Gaston!!! I made the exact same thought  ;D but I got discouraged by its short range...  :(

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 15:57:42 »
 :lol:

btw I don't like the agent's helmet but I do love the suit and the chest thingy. Could we see the new hair from the back? I don't mean to make you work extra Panos, it's Im not sure if I like it or not  :-[
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 15:59:22 »
Excellent pictures and review, Panos  :thanks:
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 16:43:32 »
:lol:

btw I don't like the agent's helmet but I do love the suit and the chest thingy. Could we see the new hair from the back? I don't mean to make you work extra Panos, it's Im not sure if I like it or not  :-[

Same here, the helmet is horrible...

Here are pics of the hair  ;)

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 16:43:58 »
Great review of the set, Panos! :wave:

This looks a really nifty little set, and I like the klickies too :)

Damo :)