Author Topic: Review of Wedding Church 4296  (Read 6275 times)

Offline rogermobil

• Playmo Enthusiast
Review of Wedding Church 4296
« on: June 13, 2011, 12:57:30 »
I've assembled my new Playmobil church and am very pleased with it.

It's a good size and has a lot of superb details. I especially like the stained glass windows and until
I got the church, I didn't realise that two of the windows had Klicky faces in them. I think the
church would make an ideal centrepiece for a Christmas display, especially if you illuminate the interior
so the light shines through the windows. I guess any low voltage cool running lamp would work OK as the back and roof of the church are open to allow air to circulate.

It took just over an hour to assemble and was quite fiddly, especially the flowers and sticking the stickers on the
building pieces around the walls. The steeple containing the music is in one piece apart from the clock hands.

I will attempt to add a picture to this post and add some more if this works OK. I tried attaching two photos but nothing happened, so fingers crossed for this one.

More pics to follow.......

Offline rogermobil

• Playmo Enthusiast
Re: Review of Wedding Church 4296
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 13:00:09 »
The stained glass windows look really good, especially with a light behind them. The second picture shows how the image is reflected on a wall.

Offline rogermobil

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 13:01:30 »
Another pic of the window

Offline rogermobil

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 13:02:15 »
Female Kicky with her dress off

Offline rogermobil

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 13:05:02 »
View from above of ceremony taking place. The lace train is a nice detail but a bit fiddly to fit.

Offline rogermobil

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 13:06:44 »
View through the double doors. There is also a single side door with a sliding catch complete with padlock.

Offline rogermobil

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 13:12:17 »
Shown next to the wedding Pavilion 4297. The Pavilion is an odd colour and doesn't match the church unfortunately.
I believe you can get a similar pavilion from Playmobil direct service which matches the church and mansion house better. I thought I could use the wedding pavilion with my Victorian theme but it doesn't look right in that pinky colour.

Offline rogermobil

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 13:19:32 »
I would recommend the church as it would fit in with a lot of themes. I will probably only display mine at Christmas when I plan to combine it with some of the Playmobil seasonal sets. I have an image of the church with snow on the roof, the interior lit up and a procession of klickies walking up to the double doors with the Christmas market in the distance and possibly santa in his sleigh flying over the scene.

This is my first review so I may not have covered everything, but feel free to ask me anything you want to know about the church and I will attempt to answer.
TTFN
Roger

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 13:36:01 »
Thanks for the great review! These sets have some really nice details. I love the bride's veil/train, so pretty. Thanks for sharing some up-close pics!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 13:37:22 »
I'm NOT gonna get the church.  I'm NOT gonna get the church. I'm NOT gonna get the church. I'm NOT gonna get the church. I'm NOT gonna get the church. I'm NOT gonna get the church. I'm NOT gonna get the church. I'm NOT gonna get the church.

I'm trying to persuade myself, showing that restraint thing (especially for System X), but you are NOT making things easier.

Thanks for the review, I think it's great :)
(it IS a nice building... I'm NOT gonna get the church.  I'm NOT gonna get the church. )