Author Topic: 4399 Western Stage Coach  (Read 8082 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
4399 Western Stage Coach
« on: May 22, 2011, 17:25:25 »
This stage coach was actually introduced in 4072 - Fort Reno but it was never released as a single set... until now!!!

So here is the box...

and inside the box... once again all loose... But this box is nice and practical for storing the set!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 20:42:19 by Wolf Knight »

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: 4399 Western Stage Coach
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 17:29:58 »
The stage coach has some very interesting colour combination (attachment 1) !!! Unfortunaelly, the green stripes are stickers and you have to be really careful how you place them, otherwise its taking them off and try again... (attachment 2)
The inside is really great, looks very comfortable and posh... and the funny thing is, that grey paded panel on the door is removable... makes a very funny sound when it... klicks into place  ;D (attachment 3)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 17:33:57 »
And finally, here are the klickies.... a driver and a big belly gentleman passenger!!! No accessories for the klickies, just a shotgun and a hand luggage, but no accessories for the klicky bodies, no belts, no nothing...everything is printed on... I don't want to know how much this klickies would cost through DS as parts...

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 20:35:07 »
Great review Panos.
I love this set though it is a little too colorfull for my taste. I like it and I will get it anyway!
What I really don't like is that it seems cheaper to print a bow-tie instead of a real plastic nec piece  >:(
But the printing works perfectly for the driver! I LOVE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!  :love: :love:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 20:36:27 »
Thanks for the review, Panos!  :)

Though I'm not into Western anymore (I was as a kid), I think I'll get this stagecoach for use as a late 18th century passenger-coach in my harbourtown/island project. I also got the yellow stagecoach from the 90's for that reason...

Are the words "Reno Denver St-Louis Express" stickers or are they printed on?
I hope it are stickers as well; such typical Wild West language would be strange on a English Governor's coach on a Caribbean Island... ::)

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 20:39:32 »
What I really don't like is that it seems cheaper to print a bow-tie instead of a real plastic nec piece  >:(

Playmobil policy to cut their budged a bit... it does look weird but good in a way...

Are the words "Reno Denver St-Louis Express" stickers or are they printed on?

I'm afraid they are print ons Erwin... as well as the stars... But, a little patience and I am sure you can take them out!

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 21:00:03 »
great review, Panos thanks! I like this carriage, but not so much the colors :-\

I love the chubby figure, that torso might come in handy and versatile for customizations

No accessories for the klickies, just a shotgun and a hand luggage, but no accessories for the klicky bodies, no belts, no nothing...everything is printed on...

interesing - i wonder if this is a production trend that will continue and replace the current one that does imply accesories ???
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 21:03:45 »
Thank you for this descriptive review, Panos! Not my theme, but it does cause question of things to come in production changes. :-\
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 00:21:42 »
Thanks for the review and sharing it with us!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 01:11:17 »
Thanks for the review, Panos! The inside of the stage is great, the outside is a bit more colorful than I would like, but leaving off a few stickers might do the trick. I'm afraid the klickies just don't do anything for me. :-\ I think they're both awful, being just printed like this. I'm torn over whether to get this one or not. I have the old yellow stage already. A red stage coach is so classic, though.... oh well, I have plenty of time to decide!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.