Author Topic: Adventure 6x6 4844  (Read 10791 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Adventure 6x6 4844
« on: March 24, 2011, 05:03:09 »
Well the kids wanted to go with me to the toy store seeing that I and they had soon to expire coupons/gift cards. Our lego maniac picked out the folding rocket (which he was very impressed with) and the other wanted his own folding hoopty ride. I wanted to take advantage of the 40% off sale and bought for $20 a 4844. Talk about inappropriate box art. If you thought a guy drinking one little beer was bad you are in for a treat. Mr Action hear not only can drive hanging out the window as he exits the infested jungle waters with one hand, he is able to sight in on some mysterious prize that requires grappling. Now that is hardly adrenalin pumping enough. Lets have our trusty companion pack us a cargo load of loose dynamite, guns, gas cans and just about anything else we can see maiming us in the ensuing accident that is surly to happen.

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: Adventure 6x6 4844
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 05:03:31 »
It was based on a mid sized amphibious 6x6. The military application is larger and the civilian is smaller.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 05:03:53 »

The annoying "WARNING" deal is firmly in place.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 05:04:10 »

This had a lot of bags. Inside the instruction bag were more bags. I still do not have a scale but I can see how this set has a lot of plastic weight.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 05:04:28 »

Now with the 6x6 we get this interesting working suspension. This time around the center wheels are truly independent of each other . The front and back wheels also have standard side to side suspension. The only thing missing were some springs.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 05:04:48 »
The Klickies were very nicely done. From the clothing accessories to the colors and tones chosen these two looked attractive.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 05:05:05 »
Now the accessories were in plenty. They have it all - dynamite, shovel, GPS, radio, flashlight, machete, new style gas can, ax, grapple, binoculars and just in case a high powered rifle w/scope.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 05:05:21 »
I carefully use the antenna to apply the 4 decals. This way I avoid getting dirt from my skin on the decal adhesive and it helps to align them correctly.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 05:05:40 »
Now one thing I did not like is the storage of the ramps. You can see vertical slits in the side walls. These are probable for water escapes. Now if they were sized appropriately the ramps could have fit into the groves. This would have provided a cargo divider system.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 05:05:56 »
The over all color and print on the vehicle is not the best but not Fisher Price either. It is about as close to real military with preserving some civilian charm.