Author Topic: 4912 Dragon Knight's Duel [sic] *  (Read 3461 times)

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
4912 Dragon Knight's Duel [sic] *
« on: February 01, 2011, 19:24:36 »
HF = 42g /$4 = 10.5 g/$

I got this direct from Playmobil rather than Target or a B&M store, and I think this is a cracking blister set. First off, as the figures are properly protected in the blister, they don't stoop or have scratches! Wheee!

The green knight has a round shield, open-face Dragon helmet and regular sword in a proper scabbard, not y-fronts. He also sports a new collar which prevents him raising his hands above waist height, but this is easily popped off if you want to give him a cloak or something else instead. The body printing could have been continued onto his legs as it has for some other Green Knights, but that's a minor quibble.

The winged knight is a splendid sight with a new body printing and matching shield. No y-fronts here either, though I'd prefer a black swordbelt to bright red. I think the silver horns on his helmet may be new too. The colors go well with the other Dark Dragon Knights, while setting this figure apart, maybe as an elite unit, personal bodyguard or temple guard.

At $4 for two figures this is good value for building up forces and I immediately ordered two more sets, and will certainly add yet more in time.

* Correct English would be Dragon Knights' Duel, as there are two knights. The titles I'm using are taken from Playmobil's US website.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: 4912 Dragon Knight's Duel [sic] *
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 19:40:33 »
Not my theme, Martin, but a useful review.  The green knight's shield looks superb.  The winged knight looks to have a bit of a puzzled expression on his face - maybe due to the wings, I guess.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 19:54:48 »
Another Great review Martin!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 22:25:42 »
Great pics Martin! I have bought a few of these blisters for customisation purposes... The winged knight should have had a more angy face in my opinion...

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 23:07:37 »
Another good review! Do you have the dragon castle as well?
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 01:49:07 »
Another good review! Do you have the dragon castle as well?

Do you mean this one http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=4439.0

or possibly this one http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=5619.0

I thought I or someone else did a review of 4835 as well, but it isn't turning up on a search. I can do one tomorrow.

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 01:54:51 »
I like the Red Dragon Knight figure...
Jut not the shield. :-/
Then again... URUK HAI!!! :D
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 13:47:47 »
Do you mean this one http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=4439.0

or possibly this one http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=5619.0

I thought I or someone else did a review of 4835 as well, but it isn't turning up on a search. I can do one tomorrow.

Wonderful!  :clap: You take excellent pictures and your reviews are very informative.
I have the two towers but I'm waiting to buy the main castle......seeing your pics is triggering another binge   :toot:
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 03:20:22 »
They will make it to Hong Kong this year I guess. But after I own the target carry-box set, and guess might have too many dragon knight at my home. Yet, these two look so different that they are clean and neat, which I love!!!

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 03:22:21 »
Great pics Martin! I have bought a few of these blisters for customisation purposes... The winged knight should have had a more angy face in my opinion...
you mean like with stubble and eye cover?? This would be more realistic, which I cant agree more~~!! though I like how the traditional playmobil face looks :love: :love: So....we should get both of them and customize!! MORE KLICKIES