Author Topic: WJT - The Semi Finals  (Read 7829 times)

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
WJT - The Semi Finals
« on: January 26, 2011, 17:50:02 »
There has been a lot of speculation about today’s matches. King Darnald has made sure that he has four equally valuable Magic Items for the four remaining champions so in that regards it is only about bragging rights and picking order.

In the first match today we see Sir Seamus Flynn, First Knight of Belathre take on Aziz bin Tarek. The crowd is really excited about this match and both jousters are supported from the stands. The ties between Winterhaven and Belathre do seem to make Sir Seamus a crowd favorite though.

Now before we continue to the match, here are a couple of messages:

The Winterhaven Jousting Tournament is brought to you by:

-----

-----

Welcome back to the Semi Finals of the Winterhaven Jousting Tournament. The combatants are just lining up for their first run. The two jousters are full of confidence as both managed to win their last joust through a first run unhorsing. Their faces are full of determination and focus. Let’s turn to the action.

As the combatants clash, Sir Seamus hits Aziz on his shield scraping his lance horizontally across. Aziz dares to risk going to the inside of the shield and successfully manages to hit Sir Seamus in the stomach. Aziz will just need a shield hit to win the match so Sir Seamus has his work cut out for him.

Aziz is one 100% committed to hitting Sir Seamus’ shield and is willing to get hit on the shield in return. As his lance is about to connect with Sir Seamus’ shield, Sir Seamus thrusts his lance diagonally over Aziz’ shield. One of the riskiest moves seen in the entire tournament, but it pays of is he catches Aziz on his Aventail, taking him straight of his horse.

Sir Seamus wins the match and goes on to the final. Aziz bin Tarek ends the tournament in third place, as he has gained 1 honour during the event, where as both competitors in the other Semi Final are at -1 honour.

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
Re: WJT - The Semi Finals
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 17:50:48 »
Now before we continue with the introduction of the next match we have some messages for you.

-----

-----

« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 17:56:37 by Gis »

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 17:53:59 »
Welcome back to Winterhaven where we just saw an exciting match that was narrowly clinched by Sir Seamus Flynn, First Knight of Belathre, beating the one of the none traditional combatants, Aziz bin Tarek.

Moving on to the upcoming match we will have another epic confrontation. Both Lord Vladimir of Piestany as well as Sir Adler of Saxony had a three run Quarter Final. Lord Vladimir was having a hard time dispatching a very defensively focused Sir Bart. Sir Adler was able to defeat Lord Etir with three straight shield hits, Lord Etir was not able to keep his concentration up during the last run and that was the difference.

Here they ride side by side through Winterhaven’s Gate.

Before we continue we will take a short message break.

-----

Welcome back to the match that will decide who will face Sir Seamus Flynn in the finals. Both knights are ready and take of at breakneck speed.

Both men keep their shield out straight the whole way, but Lord Adler moves it slightly to the right at the last moment. Lord Vladimir can’t adjust his strike in time and misses. This surprise costs Lord Vladimir a hit on his own shield is he is not able to get it out of the way in time. There is no cause for concern yet as a shield is has proven to be hardly decisive in this tournament so far.

The second run of this match features a judgment error on Sir Adler’s side. Assuming Lord Vladimir would go for the same move, Sir Adler flicks his shield at the last moment. Lord Vladimir paying very close attention doesn’t fall for this and is still able to move his lance on the inside of Sir Adler’s shield. The resulting blow to the stomach lifts Sir Adler straight out of the saddle and on the field.

Lord Vladimir wins the match and will compete against Sir Seamus Flynn for the title. Sir Adler finishes fourth and will be left with the least desired magical item.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 18:15:50 »
Awesome Semis !!! Lovely adds too .. Simply the best thing i have seen in Playmofriends if i may say in terms of a photostory etc etc . Thanks Gis
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 18:38:22 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Amazing!!!! Loved the adds!!
I want some juice!  :lol: :lol:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 19:09:07 »
The ads were an AWESOME idea, Gis!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Gave me a good laugh. I needed that!  :lol: :lol: :lol:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline racerx

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 19:21:32 »
Well fought, Aziz!  I would be honored if you would join me for a couple rounds of ale.
Make a fast friend...adopt a greyhound

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 19:22:34 »
Yeeeeeeees! Adler down! Woohoo!
Life in the so called space age...

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 19:33:49 »
Great continuation of the tournament, Gis.  Those adverts were wonderful - I was literally laughing out loud!

Oh, and thank you for the link to what an aventail is.   :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Ronastoo

• Playmo Lover
  • MamaDragon
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 19:50:39 »
Oh, that was fun!

(But, why do I feel so thirsty?   Maybe I should drink some juice?)
Rona MamaDragon