Author Topic: 4147 Dragon Rock Comact set  (Read 5110 times)

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
4147 Dragon Rock Comact set
« on: January 21, 2011, 22:00:41 »
Heft Factor: 349 grammes: $9.99 US = 35g/$

At just $10 this set offers great Heft value. The two figures alone could have been released as a blister for $4.00, so the Dragon rock is what's adding that extra $6.00

Sorry about the focus, it looked OK when I took it.

The figures have unique chest printing according to Playmodb, so they are worth getting for that alone.

The flying knight could have had a quiver and bolts for his crossbow secured to his y-fronts nub, but not a huge issue. In my set the round shield was already damaged with a scratch when I opened it due to inadequate packing. The helmets are my favourites for the two factions, new with this theme and good looking, and the large green shield is also my favorite for the green knights.

The rock is a fossilised dragon, rather cool, with a substantial tree, lava pits, and a couple of suprises.

The wing folds forward to reveal a sword niche, while a shield is concealed in the dragon's mouth.

Overall this is excellent value at just $9.99 US, but now I've got one, will I buy another? Probably not, because the dragon rock is so unique, why would I want more than one? Maybe to create a dragon graveyard?

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
Re: 4147 Dragon Rock Comact set
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 22:18:33 »
Great review Martin. The klickies are indeed great, but I have had the same resevration as you up to know. The dragon rock is probably to unique to use in multiples.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 22:34:18 »
That's a pretty cool set. I like the hideaways for the sword and shield. And the two klickys are awesome! Thanks for the review, Martin!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 22:37:46 »
Hi

Thanks for the nice review Martin  :clap: I would have to agree that there is really no use for multiples of this set. I like the hidden surprises you mentioned and could not tell at all that they were there until you revealed its secrets. 

With regards to your "heft value" are you including the box. I would like to try and factor this into my reviews as well as I think it is a great idea that you came up with.

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Coyote

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 22:41:53 »
Nice review- well worth $10!
  Peoples Republic of Maine  :D

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 00:16:16 »
I will definitely be wanting one.
I could see using two of them, one on each side of a cave/door/entry

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 00:22:31 »
i like the green guy's cape/wings.  Not too fond of the actual red wings that stick out (and give them the powere of flight).  Too fantastical for me.  I wish they had a red version of the the green guy's wings to match (nothing a little paint can't fix though).

I like that rock.  I wish they made a bigger dragon-shaped rock, and maybe incorporated it into the dragon castle rock formation itself.  That would be awesome.

As far as this small dragon rock, I can see someone using it in a storyline where a dragon was turned into stone.  Or a reverse story where a stone dragon said to have unknown great mystical powers was the subject of a quest, and would grant the finder magical abilities, an amulet, and magic swords, and the dragon itself could be released from it's stoney slumber and take back it's original fleshy form and exact untold havoc or salvation on the world, depending on how its liberator wielded its newfound powere!

Ok, now I have to get this set.  I just sold it to myself. lol
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 01:04:51 »
Thanks for the great review Martin. I too love the hidden surprises.

I am hopeful that one of the roles of the playmobil collectors club will be to gently discuss packaging issues with Geobra. It is not really good enough to receive damaged items fresh from the box.
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 05:05:44 »
Hi

Thanks for the nice review Martin  :clap: I would have to agree that there is really no use for multiples of this set. I like the hidden surprises you mentioned and could not tell at all that they were there until you revealed its secrets. 

With regards to your "heft value" are you including the box. I would like to try and factor this into my reviews as well as I think it is a great idea that you came up with.

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

I weighed the whole box as it comes off the shelf, as this seemed the easiest to do.

In this case the box alone weighed 110 grammes and all the plastic (i.e. the bits you play with) 220 grammes. The balance of 19 grammes is the instructions, plastic bags, and the sheet the stickers were on.

It would probably be more accurate to weigh only the actual playmobil parts, giving this set a Heft factor of 22 g/$; that way we can reconstruct heft factors for sets for which we no longer have the box.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 06:02:07 »

It would probably be more accurate to weigh only the actual playmobil parts, giving this set a Heft factor of 22 g/$; that way we can reconstruct heft factors for sets for which we no longer have the box.

HI

Thanks for the elaboration. I was working on flattening a lot of boxes today and I noticed there were quite a few different densities in the cardboard. Also the cars seemed to come with a box inside of the box which would add quite a bit of weight. I also think it would be best and most accurate to just measure the toys .

All I need to do now is get a good scale.

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: