Author Topic: Lord Etir Sayest  (Read 9287 times)

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
Lord Etir Sayest
« on: January 14, 2011, 19:25:12 »
Word has spread through the Kingdom of Rutileo of the Great tourney of Winterhaven.
His Grace, Aun Kerac, had proclaimed he himself would go and win victory in the tournament,
But before he could leave, a large band of rebels sprang up in the center of the Kingdom.
Aun Kerac left Ostadt Castle and hurried his army south to meet the rebel threat.

However, during the course of battle,
after Aun Kerac charged the enemies with his own guard, a mace met his leg
and he fell from his horse wounded and unable to walk, and ride only a little.

So he had to withdraw from the tournament when Lord Etir suggested
his Grace let him fight in his stead as champion of the realm, as his father had once been.
Aun Kerac had, before he left the kingdom years previous, been a good fried of Etir's father,
And thus decided that Etir would do their country honor in joining the Tourney.

Thus Etir met his King,

"My Grace," the Lord began, bowing, "Why hast thou called me before thy presence?"

"Lord Etir, faithful servant of thy King," the King boomed,
"Thou camest to be but a few days previous to ask if you may enter the tournament on my behalf.
Though I was at first wary, I mean not to offend you, but I myself had my heart set on entering the lists.
However, God seems to have deemed such action against me,
and I must enjoy watching in the stands instead, as it seems that is his will.

"Therefor, I have decided," the King finished, "to allow you to enter the tournament on my behalf.
take my shield, so all may know you fight not just for me, but for your country."

I thank you my King for considering me worthy," Lord Etir replied bowing.

"I shall accompany you to the tournament," Aun Kerac said.
"It has been many long years since I last visited Winterhaven...
Methinks it is time to join some old friends there.

"My son Richard shall continue to maintain the Kingdom in my stead," Aun Kerac announced, then said,
"We leave at dawn the day after next Etir, be prepared to go in haste."

"As you will my King," Richard, and Etir chorused.

The following day went by without incident,
and as it was scheduled the King and his subject Etir met at the docks during the sunrise.

"You Grace, where is your vanguard?" The Lord Etir asked as he walked the length of the docks towards his king.

"There will be no need for such formalities," Aun Kerac replied,
"I know the land well, and I am assured in your skills as well as my own,
that should some misfortune befall us, such as rebels or briggards, we though few will be enough to drive them off.
Besides Etir, we will be traveling through friendly territory. There will be no conflict."

So the King stated, and his vassal could not persuade him otherwise.
And so the King Aun Kerac, and his champion Etir struck out for Winterhaven
aboard their mighty vessel, manned only by a few men.

To be continued... :)

(Sorry this story may take so long to tell that I may still be telling it
while Gis relates the accounts of the tournament... So there will be a bit of time relapse.)
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Re: Lord Etir Sayest
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 20:37:15 »
don't worry about time! it's great so far!! keep it coming!  ;D
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 20:43:08 »
We really got into these great stories!! I love it Warrior!! Keep it coming!!!

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 21:21:33 »
 :woohoo:
I love all these side stories around the WJT! Thanks WoT for the tale and thanks Gis for being so "federative"!
Guys, do some of you have a background story for us? We'd like to know a bit more about your champions!
Cheers,
Arnaud
Life in the so called space age...

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 21:49:56 »
Thanks Guys. :)
I might post a background story for Etir...
But I don't know that there will be much. ???
Hmmm,
but you have sparked a thought,
I might have a good story for you guys... ;)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 22:22:36 »
:woohoo:
I love all these side stories around the WJT! Thanks WoT for the tale and thanks Gis for being so "federative"!
Guys, do some of you have a background story for us? We'd like to know a bit more about your champions!
Cheers,
Arnaud

I do... search for the thread Garden of Heroes... that's about my knight and Bill Blackhurst's....  ;D
In gis' main thread about the Parade, when knights are presented, there is a link to the background story, if that knight has one. Relax and enjoy!!!  :wave:.
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 23:18:38 »
Great stuff WoT! Photoshop for the win!

Can't wait for the continuation!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 00:08:14 »
I do... search for the thread Garden of Heroes... that's about my knight and Bill Blackhurst's....  ;D
In gis' main thread about the Parade, when knights are presented, there is a link to the background story, if that knight has one. Relax and enjoy!!!  :wave:.

This has been a great behind the scenes, WoT! It helps us to understand who we will be destroying ;)! I can't wait to see the debute of my champion! Gaston has got a story that will knock your socks off, people ;D!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 00:10:39 »
Yes, he sure does. It's really awesome!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 14:50:07 »
So we find our heroes, riding on an apparent road, meant for Winterhaven. As the road becomes harder to travel, and the woods around it more dense, the Lord Etir rides forth to travel alongside his master.

“My Lord,” Etir Sayest asks, “Be you sure that your eyes do not deceive you, and your memory still serves? For with all my heart I will believe you if you but say so. However, if you are not as sure as I have put forth you to be, tell me, for these look not like the woods to Winterhaven. And I fear we may have taken a wrong turn in past intersections of the road.”

“Foolish,” says the King, “as it is, I may have to forfeit this quest and hopefully return to the port we landed in and receive directions from them. For it is true, these woods are unknown to me as well.”

Vassal of the King, Etir bows in his saddle and said, “Then methinks we should return at once, as these woods are foreboding and there is an uneasy rustling in the leaves ‘round.”

Alas, though, as the good King Aun Kerac turns to lead his horse back, the two are surrounded by a band of cut-throats.

“Get them!” Shouts the leader of the group, and his men rush forward with spears and maces.

Honorably those of Rutileo fight, even the King with his wound is still more than a match for the briggards.

His sword swings high, and all the men duck, but few are fast enough to duck in time, as the king was trained by masters of the art, and even among Kings he is renowned as an excellent Warrior.

His lord, Etir, fights as bravely, many times risking his life for his King. Boldly he rides his horse into the mass of men, one against many, surrounding him. And still he falls not.

But as more and more of the highwaymen charge forth, the Lord and his King begin to fail. Both are tired from their long journey of riding, and though the King is still a force to be reckoned with, his wound at last gives up his strength.

The Lord falls from his saddle, and Etir dismounts to defend him. The King slowly rises to help, but even though he can block a few hits from the cut-throats his leg burns as he attempts to put weight on it. Were he in fair health the battle may have come out differently, but as it were, it was only a matter of time before the two fell defeated to the ground.

The men make quick work of tying their hands, and then lead them to their leader.
Aun Kerac looks up at him with a piercing glare and asks, “Know you who I am?”
But their leader replies infuriatingly,
“I do, you are a fool, a fool for coming out here undefended. Take them away.”

The King of Rutileo makes and attempt at the leader of the cut-throats but he is held back by the lord Etir. “Not now Sire,” the lord commands. “There will be another time when we can avenge what has been wronged.”
The King bows his head, understanding, however reluctantly.

The Briggard smiles, “And what is this?” He asks, reaching for the crown of Rutileo.
This time the King is not held back, as he returns the insult he had before received and this new insult with a sound bash of his fists onto the highwayman’s helm. So great was his hit that the helm lifts off the man’s head and breaks the leather strap under his chin, falling to the ground.

Glaring at the King the leader of the band debates as to trying to grab the crown again, but thinks better of it. Without the helm, he may well bash in his skull from a hit as such.

Slowly the two are marched through the woods, and as they come to a clearing they spot at the back edge of the clearing and small fort, with walls built into the rock behind it.

“Welcome,” the rebel lord shouts at the two knights with a laugh, for it was indeed that he was a rebel soldier of the kingdom, “to your new home, as long as we need keep you that is.”

The two Rutilians were lead to a corner of the fort, and watched over by a guard. Their food was poor, and the water was stale, but the two men were hungry and the King forgot his pride for the moment as he filled himself.

Then they sat and waited to see their fate, observing closely at what was happening around them.

To be continued.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 14:57:59 by WarriorOfToys »