Author Topic: Winterhaven - A Historic Day!  (Read 5630 times)

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
Winterhaven - A Historic Day!
« on: January 05, 2011, 00:59:44 »
(Seven Years Ago)

It’s an early morning on the Kings Road. A caravan left Fallcrest at the crack of dawn, three wagons and a couple of guards hope to make it to Winterhaven in three days. The lead wagon is closed and locked and is a special delivery for the famous smith of Winterhaven Thair Coalstriker. The wagon is driven by the Caravan Leader Jaltro and assisted by his wife Nina. The caravan is guarded by four guards the one taking the lead in the caravan is Valvur.

Luran is doing a lot of scouting in front of the caravan making sure the road is easily accessible and maybe see if there is any danger lurking nearby.

The second wagon is driven by Kaume and his gruff looking partner, Jukos. They have all sorts of merchandise that has come up the Nentir in the last month, mostly wine and food delicacies, in their wagon. This wagon is guarded by Thibaud.

The last wagon is a small one and is handled by Teos and his son Vaelre. They are transporting bolts of cloth and other raw materials that can be made in to clothing. Next to the wagon Heboric is the rear guard of the caravan.

The morning has gone by without incident when Heboric hears hooves from behind. As he looks back he sees a young man on a horse quickly approaching the caravan. The young man raises his hand in greeting and says “Morning!” when he is close enough to be heard.

When he has caught up he rides on the other side of the last wagon and winks at Heboric without anyone seeing it. “My name is Aun Kerac and I am traveling to Winterhaven, I assume you are going there as well? Would it be ok for me to join your caravan?”

Heboric nods at Aun “I am Heboric Light Touch, I will introduce you to Jaltro, our caravan master. He is in the lead, but I think we could use another guard.” With that they ride up to the front of the caravan.

Heboric whitsles loudly to make sure Luran is warned as well and the other guards quickly form up infront of the caravan.

Aun bows in the sadle. “Master Jaltro? My name is Aun Kerac, Cleric of Pelor, I am on my way to Winterhaven and it seems you are heading the same way. Could I join your caravan? I have some fighting skills if you would use them.

Jaltro nods his head in return “Well met Brother Aun, I am indeed Jaltro, Master of this caravan, this is my wife Nina and the guards over there are Thibaud, Valvur and Luran, you met Heboric already. We would be quite happy to have you join our ranks and I will give you the same as the others: 2 gold pieces per day, handed to you when we arrive safely in Winterhaven.

They make good progress on their first day and make their camp near the road. The night goes by without incident and they are on the road bright and early. When the sun is nearing the horizon at the end of the second day they are ready to set up camp and call it a day when a stranger gallops up to the caravan. “Hello there, the name is Jondar. You going  to Winterhaven?” Thibaud is the closest and replies “Yes, we’re going to Winterhaven but please talk to the Caravan Master in the first wagon over there.”

“Caravan Master? I am Jondar, a farmer from around here.”

“Well met Jondar I am Jaltro and this is my wife Nina. Do you know a place to set up camp for tonight?”

“”Set up camp? There is no time for that. A messenger came earlier today and we all need to go to Winterhaven as fast as possible. There will be an important announcement by the king tomorrow morning. I am going to try and catch up with my family and wish you all the best in your travels.”

With that Jondar turns his horse and rides of.

Jaltro quickly discusses matters and it is decided that the caravan will continue through the night. Nobody really wants to be this close to a historic event and miss it. So onwards they go. As the sun is setting behind them they light torches. In the end they make good time and are close to Winterhaven when the dawn is not far away.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 01:22:11 by Gis »

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
Re: Winterhaven - A Historic Day!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 01:00:23 »
As they arrive at Winterhaven a crowd has already formed beneath the famous guard tower. They quickly dismount their horses and join the crowd just as King Darnald starts his speech. Thibaud whispers to Heboric “Whew that was just in time”:

“Citizens of Winterhaven! Thank you for attending this important announcement. I have only been king for a short while but I feel about this very strongly so I decided to just go ahead with it.”

“When this Kingdom was founded it wasn’t really a Kingdom and to this day it still is not a real Kingdom. Don’t get me wrong however I am proud of my people, but I want them to feel proud about Winterhaven too. So therefore I have decided to give Winterhaven back to it’s people.”

“The first thing is to give our Loyal knight his crest back. So may I present to you Sir Merriadoc of Winterhaven!”

A loud applause is heard when Sir Merriadoc comes on the stage and reveals he is sporting the crest he chose so many years ago, but only wore for a very short period, the crest that is Winterhaven’s Guardtower.

“I also talked a lot to townsman Pealik and we have decided that Sir Merriadoc’s crest will also be the crest for the City of Winterhaven.”

With that he points to the top of the guard tower.

The people are speechless when they look at the banner being unfurled.

“The Royal crest will still be displayed on the Castle and Entrance to the city, but other than that this will be the official crest of Winterhaven.”

“But now let me introduce you to the MAYOR of Winterhaven, Pealik!”

“I will now hand the keys of Winterhaven to our new Mayor. We will soon create a town council of which I will be a part, but Pealik will be in the lead”

Kaume, Heboric, Thibaud and Aun look on in silence as the key is handed to the mayor.

The crowd is cheering and clapping. Pealik takes a bow to the crowd.

Pealik takes a deep breath “Citizens of Winterhaven, thank you for your support. I will not make this any longer than necessary. So I will keep it to one announcement. May I present to you the new Guard outfit of our city guard.

“Thank you all for your attention and I would like to invite all to come to the Mug & Swords for a drink!”

With that the people start streaming back into the town while Jaltro calls his guards to his side. “Thank you very much for getting us all here safely guys. I will give you each 7 gold as I am sure being here today will be VERY good for business.”

As he hands the coins over to the guards, Jondar passes.

“Jondar, thank you for convincing us to ride on. It is indeed a historic day and I wouldn’t have wanted to miss it.”

With that Jaltro hands Jondar a silver piece.

The caravan turns into Winterhaven and delivers the goods. Afterwards to join the festivities that last well into the night to celebrate the Royal Announcement!

---The End---
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 01:25:44 by Gis »

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 01:52:46 »
AWESOME Gis! ;D
I absolutely love you combined our game of D&D with your story! :D
Excellent, and Aun looks just right. :)9
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 02:18:03 »
Great and very clever story, Gis.  I was expecting robbers and goodness knows what else.  And wonderful photos - the torch flames are very realistic, are they photoshopped or actually burning matches? - both the country ones and the crowd scenes with lots of great detail.  Excellent scenery, too.  You are very creative in so many ways.  :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 03:13:19 »
Absolutely brilliant  :wow: :wow: :wow:!! 
You handled all the characters so well!! Very well planned and executed  :clap: :clap: :clap:!!!
Heboric is awesome!!!  ;D

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 08:38:10 »
Thanks a lot for your comments WoT, Gordon and Sir Wolf!

I was planning this for so long already but in the end still needed to Rush to get everything done before the Tournament. I am very happy with how it all turned out!

A big thanks need to go out to my wife as she helped a lot with setting up the country scenes, although I must admit that I might have photoshopped an extra tree here and there :-)

The torches were also photoshopped, it is is actually a very small part of a flame, that I pasted in and it worked the first time I tried it.

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 11:53:49 »
Awesome!
I love Sir Merriadoc. Those green feathers on his helmet fit so well. I think I'm going to send you red torso for Thibaud with his crest on the back. If he could afford some armor and a haircut, that would be great. Maybe he could also get himself a larger shield with his crest painted upon. I'll check with the post.
Keep the story running, please, I can't wait!
Eagerly looking forward to reading more!
Cheers,
Arnaud
Life in the so called space age...

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 13:40:07 »
Awesome story gis! And you and your wife did a great job with all the background scenery.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 13:41:53 »
 :clap: Wonderful story! Thank you! I really like the name of the tavern, mugs & swords  :)  :clap:
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 16:44:43 »
Thanks a lot for the positive comments Arnaud, bonnie and Playmoholics.

Arnaud: I was so happy when I was browsing playmodb for the partnumber for the blue leafy feather from the 4339 Boys set that it also exsisted in green from this set and that we actually had it was an added bonus *grin*

bonnie, I'll make sure to mention it to her :-)

Playmoholics: coming up with good names is always hard. In a previous campaign I had a whole frnchise of Parrot Inn, and just varied the colour!