Author Topic: All the ghost pirates...  (Read 18322 times)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Re: All the ghost pirates...
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2010, 01:43:51 »
it kinda reminds me of the teacher in Finding Nemo.  :lol:
It has been a reat reviw Panos, thanx.... still I don't think I would buy these sets.... I DO WANT A GLOW IN THE DARK MONKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :love: :love: :love:
Someone has one to spare or trade?
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 02:03:19 »
, the stingray tself is a bit... ok its too... well... i cannot find the word...  :giggle:

Cartoonish? ugly? Weird? All of the above?
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2010, 04:03:22 »
4801 Stingray Rider

the stingray tself is a bit... ok its too... well... i cannot find the word...  :giggle:

What were they thinking?
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2010, 06:06:06 »
I dunno why, but I like the stingray!  It does look like the teacher in Finding Nemo, lol.

As far as creatures go, though, I WISH playmobil would release a GIANT SQUID or GIANT OCTOPUS.  THe biggest one they have already just isn't suitable to attack a full-size ship.
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2010, 14:42:54 »
Yes, if you're going to do fantasy creatures, make them legendary ones, like they already did with unicorns and fairies. A giant squid is a good idea. A yeti would be cool too, or a bigfoot. Or a chupacabra.  ;D http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chupacabra
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2010, 18:33:02 »
I HAVE TO HAVE THESE SETS :o :love:

Thanks Panos for the review :)

Does anyone know if the whale skeleton actually matches the size of the living whale from the marine world theme?
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2010, 18:35:02 »
I just bought the whale ( I couldn't resist)  and just by looking at the pics...I could say the skeleton is a lot bigger.
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2010, 19:36:53 »
it kinda reminds me of the teacher in Finding Nemo.  :lol:
It has been a reat reviw Panos, thanx.... still I don't think I would buy these sets.... I DO WANT A GLOW IN THE DARK MONKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :love: :love: :love:
Someone has one to spare or trade?

The teacher from Finding Nemo... yes! maybe that was what it felt familiar with it! As for the monkey...you never know  ;) let me see if I can do anything...

Cartoonish? ugly? Weird? All of the above?

More or less...yeah...

What were they thinking?

Haven't the foggiest... maybe a fantasy theme that can attract more buyers?

As far as creatures go, though, I WISH playmobil would release a GIANT SQUID or GIANT OCTOPUS.  THe biggest one they have already just isn't suitable to attack a full-size ship.

Now that would be indeed great to see!!!

I HAVE TO HAVE THESE SETS :o :love:

Thanks Panos for the review :)

Now your hand's itching, right Luis? Just another playmofriend to drag down the hole  ;D!!!

I just bought the whale ( I couldn't resist)  and just by looking at the pics...I could say the skeleton is a lot bigger.

Well done Gaston!! I am trying to get the exloration ship...didn't managed to get it today either... but... ther'es alwyas tomorrow!!!

And Gaston is right Luis, the skeleton is a lot bigger than the whale!

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2010, 19:46:13 »
ahh ohh, thank you both for the info on the size accuracy. :)

Panos, actually my hand's been itching ever since I knew this theme existed :o :-[
Since these sets will be around for another year in the US I've been resisting to buy them - First I need to complete themes from the years I was not into collecting. ::)
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2010, 20:10:56 »
4800 Three Ghost Pirates

This set represents variations of ghost pirates already shown in other sets! The main klicky, which looks to me as a first mate, is the same as the one in 7969 - Ghost Pirate Game

The weapons are the most interesting parts in this set, especially the rusty scimitar and axe and the big pistol!!! The odd one out: one of the ghost pirates has a katana!!!  :lol: :lol: :lol:
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 21:29:36 by Wolf Knight »