Author Topic: 4260 police car  (Read 6550 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
4260 police car
« on: December 18, 2010, 22:06:15 »
Hi all,

I got this today, along with some other police sets, and wanted to share a few details and thoughts about it:

So here are the box's pics front and back and the contents once you open the box.... Once again, the bigest part of this set, in our case the car itself, is not protected by a bag or something...that could give the hull a few scratch marks...

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: 4260 police car
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 22:10:59 »
So we have a set with a lot of accessories bu not a shotgun  ??? I thought shotguns were supposed to be standard issue equipment for a patrol car... maybe this one is only supposed to be a traffic control car, thus the lack of a shotgun...

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 22:22:33 »
A nice addition to this set is that the hood can actually be lifted and you can see the engine underneath... the engine is also removable, thus revealing a yellow system x connetor...

But I cannot understand this gap between the flashing lights and the top...the flashing lights are not totally touching the roof  ???

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 22:25:06 »
All items can be nicely stored in a box that fits the back for better organisation  ;) I really like this feature!!! Clean and tidy!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 22:30:04 »
As for the crew, sorry... as much as I love these blue uniforms why on earth would two traffic policemen be wearing ties and such good uniforms? this klickies can fit better at a theme representing a big event, or a place where they are required to be wearing their good uniform...if they are traffic police, where is their yellow coat? And have you noticed that these blue top hats are the only ones in any current police set? You get the option of the white top hats too and thats great, but still...

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 22:33:21 »
Finally a small historical comparison  ;)

An overall great set!! Good thing i bought two...

Thanks for reading!!!

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 23:17:52 »
You beat me to it on this one, Panos, I have been planning a review for some time but not got round to it.

The shotgun may be standard in the USA, but it's not in the UK or, I suspect, many other European countries.

I'll check and see how well the roof light fits on mine; I have actually changed it for one which has only blue lights.

I agree about the lack of high-vis jackets for the crew; I have some spare orange and white tabards from the earlier international police sets I'm going to use.

I think the detailed printing on this is some of the best ever, especially the grille on the bonnet in front of the windscreen.

I will, if you agree, add one or two detail photos later.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2010, 23:49:14 »
Excellent review Panos! I may see myself getting a couple of these for PCPD. BTW, I like the Playmobil figures with the officers wearing ties & blue shirts like in set 3904. They look like NYPD officers!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2010, 01:04:18 »
Thanks for the great review, Panos! I LOVE how you can open the hood and see the engine on this car!!! Chris is gonna  love it, too, I know. That's a nice feature. I wish the doors would really open on playmo vehicles, though. Maybe that will be their next major improvement. 
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Clong

• playmo emt
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2010, 04:16:44 »
thanks for the review. Are the lights the new (led) type?

I always change the uniforms on my street officers, the only ones with ties are my station/911 call center officers. P)