Author Topic: 4160 Adventskalender  (Read 5829 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
4160 Adventskalender
« on: November 12, 2010, 21:30:50 »
Hi all :wave: !!!

This just arrived in the Greek market and I just could not let it go by  ;D ;D

Not very Christmas like to have knights and dragons, certainly not in the spirit, but for those of you who have children some features of this box, which can of course found in the other calendars, are really intriguing and certainly better developed from the first calendars...

And here is what I mean...once you slide the outside cover off....can you notice anything?

The box has 24 little doors for every day of December till Christmas...each leading to a small compartment containing an item.... a small item, part of the set, to give to your child for every day.

Here are all the pieces (since christmas came a little early for me this year ;D ;D ;D):

A red wyvern and two knights... the red wyvern and the dragon knight are probably guarding the keep....

...which the other knight is probably trying to breach into in order to get to the treasure....This you can understood by this unique map that shows a labyrinth leaving the keep and ending up somewhere in the monaitns where the treasure can be found!!!

I know I would have loved this if I was a kid, despite the fact that the theme, I point out again, its not Christmas spirited...

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
Re: 4160 Adventskalender
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 21:37:35 »
You've opened it all ready! :lol:

I love the look of these new Christmas advent calenders (the pieces I mean, not the fact that they are no longer festive) :(

I've got my eye on the police one ;)

It looks like you could use the black tray packaging as part storage if you don't keep the set boxed :lens:

Thanks for the great review, Panos!

And it doesn't look like you have to build his one first (that kind of took the suprise out of them!)

Damo :)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 21:45:32 »

Thank you for a wonderful review, Panos!

I really like the "feel" of the Dragon theme.

Based upon your review, it looks like Playmobil did a good job keeping that feeling with their Advent Calendar.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 21:45:48 »
Thanks for the great review, Panos!

And it doesn't look like you have to build his one first (that kind of took the suprise out of them!)

Damo :)

Glad you enjoyed it Damo!!

Yes its already build up, apart from the diorama piece (wich is actually stored like this: ---can you see the plastic bag?), so no time is lost to construction... ;) A quick way to relieve parents from spending too much time in setting it up!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 21:49:45 »

Thank you for a wonderful review, Panos!

I really like the "feel" of the Dragon theme.

Based upon your review, it looks like Playmobil did a good job keeping that feeling with their Advent Calendar.

Glad you enjoyed it Richard!!! I love the Dragon theme myself a lot! This calendar trully is keeping the feeling (a knight defying all odds to get to the treasure...not very chivalrous but the fighting of the dragon is...)and the kid has something to look forward to every day of the December.... :D :D :D

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 22:48:24 »
I bought this a few weeks ago and it's a great set.  I'm confused by the knights.  Are they allies or foe.  The red dragon knights use both these colors in the dragonland theme.  Thanks for the review.

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
  • Just say the magic word!
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 22:51:51 »
Thanks for the review! I've got the one with the father christmas theme.

I'll be doing my review in december (1st - 24 th), if I can find the time. I didn't want to open mine early.  ;)

How much did you pay for yours? I payed 13 euros for mine. I bought it in Germany.
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 22:53:43 »
REally nice set, not Christmassy at all though  :lol: :lol:
I really like this new dragon and wyverns (what was the diference again?) the firsts dragons with small "Spider Woman" wings and crossed eyes look just too silly to me.  ;D
Thanx for the review! I love calendars, though I think as a kid would not bare to wait 24 days to have it complete!!!  8}
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 22:56:32 »
I bought this a few weeks ago and it's a great set.  I'm confused by the knights.  Are they allies or foe.  The red dragon knights use both these colors in the dragonland theme.  Thanks for the review.

The colours and build might be used for the same sides, however here I think its all determined by the horse caparison... So i guess the red knight is guarding the keep along with the dragon...and the otehr knight is tryong to steal the treasure... of course it can be any way you like... Playmobil does not bother building a new knight for something like this... they use anything they have...

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 22:57:54 »
Thanks for the review! I've got the one with the father christmas theme.

I'll be doing my review in december (1st - 24 th), if I can find the time. I didn't want to open mine early.  ;)

How much did you pay for yours? I payed 13 euros for mine. I bought it in Germany.

You're a good boy Ali!!! I just good not restrain myself!!!  :lol: :lol:

This set costs ... hold on to your chair... 20 euros.... But i got it for 10 as I had a discount voucher for 10 euros from that toy store  ;)