Author Topic: 4891 - CHRISTMAS MARKET - Review  (Read 11244 times)

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
4891 - CHRISTMAS MARKET - Review
« on: November 02, 2010, 18:13:22 »
I got the Christmas Market set today - from Italy!  It was actually cheaper with postage from Italy than any I could find on ebay in Germany or the UK!
Here's the box, another very sturdy one.

The contents in the inner box

The stalls and roofs.

At first, because the snow was already on the roof I thought it was made that way, but luckily it comes off so the stall could be used for different market scenes or a fairground as someone suggested when the 2010 sets were first shown.

This time I followed the instructions and with my trusty tweezers, the stickers were very easy to apply.

Here are the contents for the food stall, nothing really new here, but I'm sure all the apples will come in useful.

The Food stall complete.

The contents for the toy stall

I like the miniature coach (which I think is the same as the one in the 4330 Fairy Tale Castle micro set but without the magnet), the dinosaur and the doll.  Junior spotted that the hedgehog and snail are the ones on the 3235 Jungle Gym, I knew they looked familiar but couldn't think from where.
Here's a close up of the toys.

The toy stall complete
It should have a sledge attached and from how it looks on the box I thought there would be somewhere to hang it but there isn't.

Musical instruments, again nothing new here but I do like this recorder.

The klickies and accessories

There are some new designs here.  I really love the couple with the winter clothers, the scarf on the female looks very realistic and with the matching cuffs her hands do look as though she is wearing mittens, without being too bulky.
The sleeves on the man make him look as though he is wearing a padded jacket, but are removable.

The stall holders have great designs on their sweaters, I think I might give the lady red cuffs to make her look more like she's wearing gloves.

The children have the usual hairstyles, but I like the boy's hat and the colour of the girl's hat, scarf and hands that give the impression of her wearing gloves to match.

The thing that gave me the most trouble was the tree!

No instructions on how to put it together and at first I didn't notice that there was a groove at one side at the bottom and a sticking out bit at the other side at the top. When I had realised this the pieces fit together with no problem.

I had thought there would be something to hold the birds onto the top of the stall but there isn't and they kept falling off, but as I'm not keen on the blue colour of them I'm quite happy to leave them off!
Here's the complete set

Sorry about this being a very long review, but I'm quite excited at having got this.  All in all I think this is a great set and a good one to use for a display at our Christmas Produce Fair - I just need some more stalls now. 
Are the stalls themselves available from German ds? and is there someone over there who could get a couple for me? :prays:

Elaine

A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
Re: 4891 - CHRISTMAS MARKET - Review
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 18:21:04 »

Sorry about this being a very long review, but I'm quite excited at having got this.  All in all I think this is a great set and a good one to use for a display at our Christmas Produce Fair -

It didn't seem long at all, Elaine. Actually, your review was very informative, quite entertaining and very enjoyable reading.  And, I want this set!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 18:28:49 »
Thank you for this lovely review of this lovely set!!! I've never seen a playmobil christmas tree before up close and I am glad you gave me the chance to see it!!! Needless to say that the toy stall and its toys will be my favourite!!!!  :love: :love: :love:

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 19:09:53 »
I loved your review, Elaine!  :love:  I think it is always wonderful to get such a detailed description of the contents and always find them interesting!  thanks so much for sharing it with us.  ;D
Joe   
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 20:02:37 »
An excellent review, Elaine, of a very attractive set.  Thank you for your time and the photographs.   :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 20:53:04 »
Wow! I really like Xmas sets!
There are a lot of things I've never seen before! I loved all that!
I think the scarf you said is the same as in some victorian ladies. so it is not new.... but I love the color and the mittens effect!
Thanx! I might get this one!  :love:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 21:14:44 »
An Excellent review, and excellent photographs, Elaine! :wow: :wow: :wow:

I really love this set, and will perhaps have to buy one sometime :)

Damo :)

Offline Dinobuzz

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 21:48:51 »
Oh great...now that I've read Elaine's excellent review, and seen the pics of close ups, I gotta get this set!  :P

Thanks so much for posting this!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 22:16:45 »
Excellent review! Thank you so much; I've been hoping to see a review of it. I really want this set to use as specialty souveneir stands for my zoo, like panda and tiger gifts by the asian section, etc. I wanted to know about the snow on the roof, so this was very helpful!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 01:19:46 »
How lovely! :love:

#mewantz!, but it'll have to wait a couple of years ... :P

Thanks by for the review, anyway! :yup:

Gus
:blackhair:
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 01:29:48 by Gustavo »
Gus