Author Topic: My modified vintage car  (Read 5511 times)

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
My modified vintage car
« on: March 08, 2006, 19:00:48 »
Hi Playmofriends,  This is another car I have modified.  I removed the sedan body section and made a coupe body, and a convertable top.

james  bowell

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
Re: My modified vintage car
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 21:35:25 »
Wow - that is a beaut! Your customized vehicle are wonderful, and I think what appeals to me the most is that they are not over the top - they could easily have been produced by Playmobil themselves!  :)9 :)9 :)9
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 22:27:08 »
That's a very nice custom, James.  Quite the young blood's sportster.  The Cap'n sums up your approach to things exactly.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 20:41:56 by playmofire »
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 09:41:40 »
What a neat little vehicle! :love:

It's a bit simpler looking than the other conversions you've shown us, but I love it just as much! :D

How did you make the 'roof'? Is it home-manufactured or did you borrow it from another model car?

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 19:15:26 »
Hi James,

Thats another fantastic custom you have created there, it's as good looking as the original. :)
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline Morgan

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2006, 20:27:03 »
Very nice car  :)

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2006, 16:23:47 »
Thanks everyone for the nice comments. Sylvia, I made the top of the car out of a piece of thin plywood sheet.  The body of the car is also made of that as well.

All the Best

James

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2006, 17:17:22 »
Thanks everyone for the nice comments. Sylvia, I made the top of the car out of a piece of thin plywood sheet.  The body of the car is also made of that as well.

That bit about the body amazes me.  I thought that you'd somehow used only the original body.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2006, 20:18:50 »
Sylvia, I made the top of the car out of a piece of thin plywood sheet.  The body of the car is also made of that as well.

Plywood?! :o
Very impressive. :wow:
And like Gordon, I didn't spot that you'd added extra parts to the body. :-[ It all looks so perfectly formed and immaculately finished that anyone who didn't know what the original vehicle looked like would surely think this was an officially produced car too. 8-)

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2006, 15:50:13 »
Sylvia & Playmofire.  The engine compartment, radiator, fenders, and frame are original Playmobil parts.