Author Topic: a new large imperial warship is coming  (Read 40501 times)

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
a new large imperial warship is coming
« on: September 27, 2010, 23:03:42 »
actually this is only wishful thinking but i have been noticing a certain "proximity"  0) between lego and playmobil in their designs.
one could even speak of "copy"  :hmm: without being totally unfair.
and the truth is that - when you look at the release dates  :o - it seems to work both ways.

so, if lego has an imperial flagship - http://shop.lego.com/Product/AssetPopup.aspx?p=10210&AssetType=49&s_button=moreViews  :love: - playmobil should worry and get one out.  :yup:
a.s.a.p. please.  :thanks:
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
Re: a new large imperial warship is coming
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 23:17:05 »
... and yes, we want it filled with sailors and marines.
... and with a proper captain's room.
... and with a proper gundeck, filled with cannons (at least one for each gun port).
... and with a kitchen (it doesn't have to be too big).
as said before, a.s.a.p..

Offline racerx

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 23:26:44 »
That...is...flippin'...SAWEET!

A Playmobil version would be great, and I'm not really a Lego guy, but I might very well have to get that.   :love:
Make a fast friend...adopt a greyhound

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 23:32:04 »
... and if you have any doubts about this "joint-venture" design beween the 2 companies, the following 2 images are worth more than 1000 words.  :hmm:
... but i hope, no matter how sinister i might sound, that playmobil will totally couldn't-care-less-ly damn the danish copy lego on this one.  ;)
i swear i'll even cry "shame on lego" for copying this developed-so-many-years-ago-everyone-knew item.  0)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 23:32:43 »
Damn Cachalote, you got me there with your thread-title!  :hissyfit:  ;)
For a few secs I thought you would have just-released info about such a Playmo-ship!

Though I'm not into Lego anymore since I was a small boy, I have to say this Lego ship is quite nice.
I hope too Playmobil would release a Navy ship  - with a true gundeck like the 3940 (US 3286) - and preferably a trimaster, like this Lego one. Though I think a trimaster (enlengthed 3940 ?) isn't very likely, because of Playmobil's scale. So a trimaster become rather BIG and would cost much more then the 'big ships' that have sofar been released (3750 & co, 3940, 4290), and with the economical atmosphere these days.... ::)

Though I have to add, with the renewal of the Knight's theme (again) this year, I'm hoping the same will happen (again) with the Pirate's theme next year or so and they'll get rid off the 4290-ship and come back with the 3940 in one form or another.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 01:15:50 »
OMG!!!!!! :omg: :omg: :omg:
I wants! :o :o :o
Gives us it Playmobil! :love:

Me too, I though you was talking about a Playmobil ship,
And I was physic-ing out! ;D ;D ;D
But still, if this Lego / Playmobil trend thing does really exist...
I think there is still cause for celebration!!! :toot:

I will create a different thread with considerations for Playmobil to put in a new Ship...
If anyone would like to join with me in begging! :lol:
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 02:33:20 »
It seems a bit over the top - an organ in the captain's cabin!  And inaccurate - the marines manning the cannon!

More seriously, I have also noticed the "following each other" trend and suspect that, especially in the modern themes, it is Lego who follow Playmobil, by and large.  I wonder if there is computer software that allows you to take a Playmobil item, scan it and then recreate it on-screen as if it were made of Lego, complete with an inventory of type and quantity of bricks?  If there is, then Lego have enormous scope to compete with Playmobil.

Recently with some of the new modern sets I've been tempted to buy some Lego, but I've always decided not to as it seems a lot of expense to go to in order to buy something which I then have to build up to end with something which I see as not as good as Playmobil.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 02:47:15 »
Wow!  Lego has created a proper warship here!  Three masts, eight guns on a gun deck, a spacious captain's quarters with an organ, and a kitchen!  I hope Playmobil is taking note here!  While I like 3940 very much, I'd love one twice the length with an extra mast and four more guns.

I used to love Lego as a child (Castle and Pirate mostly but I also had some Town and Space sets), but my mother threw them all away, along with my Knight and Pirate Playmobil. :'(  >:(  While I told myself I would not start collecting Lego again, I may have to make an exception with this incredible ship! :-[
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 03:24:36 »
hello everyone!
I was collecting Lego before Playmobil too but that was before their newer napoleonic figures came out...here's my imperial warship and some others which have not been kept/given away  :)

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
  • I come here for peace and quiet.
    • http://www.survival101.wetpaint.com
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 03:45:51 »
Dude, don’t tease. That’s just mean. :(
If I’m jealous, you did SOMETHING right. Keep it up. :D
I Support Operation Anime Storm..