Author Topic: Deep Sea Diver (Set #4479)  (Read 3108 times)

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
  • I come here for peace and quiet.
    • http://www.survival101.wetpaint.com
Deep Sea Diver (Set #4479)
« on: September 26, 2010, 04:05:03 »
I got this set for my son.
Basic rundown; A klicky inside an armored suit with a tending line and equipped with 04 maneuvering jets.
The body suit has a front and back, the arms are covered, and there are claw hands. The feet are held together with a pair of weights that help keep the pilot upright. The head is covered by a clear dome that holds the top half of the suit together.

Assessment: The foot weights and jets have tendency to fall off. The claws are too tight, and therefore difficult to twist. The tending line is far too short for my preferences. I would never get one for myself.
My son loves it. I might have to get another one.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 04:14:04 by Andy R »
If I’m jealous, you did SOMETHING right. Keep it up. :D
I Support Operation Anime Storm..

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
Re: Deep Sea Diver (Set #4479)
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 04:23:09 »
Does the klicky stay dry inside the suit?  (is the suit sealed?)  Or does water go into his helmet area and he's forced to drown inside his own suit?
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 04:27:08 »
Thanks for the review of this set.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 07:27:18 »
I never had a problem with either the foot weights or the jets falling off, you may have got a bad one. I have several of these and think they're great, especially since my brother-in-law spent 11 days underwater as part of NASA's aquanaut program, and used a suit much like this himself.

The suit is not 100% waterprooof, but the bubble keeps an air pocket so the klicky can still breathe.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 08:12:37 »
I'll back up Martin on this one! Had no problem at al with this one!!! I m not a fan of the theme but I love this klicky!! ts on my ''specials'' shelve...

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 12:56:57 »
After seeing this review yesterday, it made me anxious to take the 5 that I have for my Nautical Theme collection, & put them to the test in our pool before I install the pool leaf cover for winter thinking maybe depth would play a part in malfunctions. I had no problems with my 5 as noted in this review! You may have a defective one as Martin has noted. My opinion is they are one of the best newer sets offered. I will admit the tending line is too short, but a longer Playmobil winch cable string is more than adequate when used as a replacement.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 13:13:07 by Bill Blackhurst »
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
  • I come here for peace and quiet.
    • http://www.survival101.wetpaint.com
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 17:57:45 »
Does the klicky stay dry inside the suit?  (is the suit sealed?)  Or does water go into his helmet area and he's forced to drown inside his own suit?
As Martin MILNER already stated, the suit is not sealed (nor really would it need to be, nor actually would you want it to be, because that would be an air pocket that would keep it afloat :lol:). Our unit usually has an air bubble in the helmet, but a little rougher play will release that (my son likes his diver to actually work).
As to the jets and weights falling off- They haven’t actually done so in the pool or bathtub, but when hanging out (pun intended) from the shelves. As to why this should be so, I have no clue.
I did forget to mention the work lights; For some reason, these do NOT come off at all, unless you deliberately remove them (then they come out easily).
If I’m jealous, you did SOMETHING right. Keep it up. :D
I Support Operation Anime Storm..