Author Topic: Playmofriends Jousting Tournament in Winterhaven!  (Read 34756 times)

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
  • Just say the magic word!
Re: Playmofriends Jousting Tournament in Winterhaven!
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2010, 19:52:23 »
Hello Gis,

I ve been very busy making my custom.

See here:

I have made my own platemail and helmet.

Here is the equipment I intend to use as Ali Baba is kindly helping to demonstrate.

Not sure about the shield yet and Aziz will be getting some sort of chasuble over his armour with his colours on it. Not quite finished yet.

Now I have some questions.

Is the fight to the death? If so, I need to sharpen my lance and give it a steel tip. No problem, I would be happy to do that.

Is the sword admissable? I didn't put the platemail all the way to around the back. Do I need to do that?

Are the helmet and armour okay?

Are magic swors alowed? Because the king is giving away 3 magical items as a reward?

Do I need to bring more equipment? Tent, a couple of guards? Money? Incense? Mirre?

Does Aziz need to visit a church or attend some ungodly ritual?
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2010, 19:57:41 »
I really like this arab knight Ali Baba! How did you do the armour?

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2010, 20:06:36 »
I really like this arab knight Ali Baba! How did you do the armour?

I thought about that for a long time.

I used a sheet of white stickers, painted them silver. I have a small cutting machine for photo's. I used that to cut the plates individually and stuck them on a white body.

I really wanted a saracen look, but did't have a white platemail body.

I've put the original pics in my photoalbum, so you can enlarge the pics.
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2010, 20:08:57 »
I used a sheet of white stickers, painted them silver. I have a small cutting machine for photo's. I used that to cut the plates individually and stuck them on a white body.

I really wanted a saracen look, but did't have a white platemail body.

I've put the original pics in my photoalbum, so you can enlarge the pics.

Really nice effect!!!

I pressume for the turban you cut oof the edge of the bullet helmet and glued it on the turban eh?  :)9

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2010, 20:11:52 »
Thanks!!

About the helmet: Almost! I first drilled out the turban and put the piece of bullet helmet in.
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2010, 21:41:40 »
Thanks!!

About the helmet: Almost! I first drilled out the turban and put the piece of bullet helmet in.

I did something similar with an Arab custom of mine...
But instead of cutting him,
I just secured the helmet on top of the turban.
It is a little tall, but doesn't look too bad. :)
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2010, 10:41:01 »
It's the Ritter Christopher with silver outfit instead of golden, and matching feather (clear blue). Can you make it? The harness for the horse comes from the 30th b-day Special I think, but a silver one will do if you can't spare this one.

How will you decide who wins the fights? Will you roll a 20-sided die like when we played D&D? ???

I am still missing the "Ritter Christopher" but he is on my want list. He will just get re-prioritizes now!! I will try and get him soon!!

I have some ideas on how things will work but I still need some time to settle on things. I am discussing with some people.

Great to have you join!! Will update pictures and things tonight :-)

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2010, 11:39:18 »
Hello Gis,

I ve been very busy making my custom.

Not sure about the shield yet and Aziz will be getting some sort of chasuble over his armour with his colours on it. Not quite finished yet.

Now I have some questions.

Is the fight to the death? If so, I need to sharpen my lance and give it a steel tip. No problem, I would be happy to do that.

Is the sword admissable? I didn't put the platemail all the way to around the back. Do I need to do that?

Are the helmet and armour okay?

Are magic swors alowed? Because the king is giving away 3 magical items as a reward?

Do I need to bring more equipment? Tent, a couple of guards? Money? Incense? Mirre?

Does Aziz need to visit a church or attend some ungodly ritual?

Good to have you join and your custom is great, can't wait to see it IRL!!!

In regards to your questions:

These are not fights to the Death. It is a friendly tournament organized to celebrate Winterhaven's first century!

It is only going to be a Jousting Tournament. Everybody will use the same standard Jousting Equipment and I am NOT going to give people certain bonusses depending on their equipment. I want to keep things as simple as possible so it will be fast paced, action with some details but not down to the nitty gritty.

In regards to the other equipment. Nothing is needed, however the more background story you provide the more detailed I can get into the charachters during the photo stories.

As other members have already expressed interrest in doing similar things it would be great to get to know all the participants better IMO so they can get some sort of reputation...who knows what this can grow into :-) So you are more then welcome to bring anything and everything you like.

There are no rituals are anything planned, there is a Temple of Avandra (Goddess of Luck and Change) in Winterhaven for those in need of such!

Thanks for your Questions :-)

Offline shirona33

• Playmo Lover
  • Tennessee Jack
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2010, 11:53:21 »
 Who decides when two knights fight, who the winner is? Sorry, if I didn't read it, if you already said that.

In german forums, we did some events, and found a way to find a winner.

There are chat's like this

http://server4.webkicks.de/diesammler/

you write    /wuerfel  means dice in english

When you write that there comes 1,2,3,4,5 or 6. The one with the most eyes is the winner. Very simple.  ;D

Always straight, always right!

The south will rise again!

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2010, 13:18:34 »
Who decides when two knights fight, who the winner is? Sorry, if I didn't read it, if you already said that.

I am planning to use some die rolling, either by the person who's knight it is, or I will do so myself if that person is not interested.

The exact way how we will resolve these things is yet to be decided, as there are MANY options and I want to make sure people are having fun and it gives good story telling opportunities.

I will post final battle rules in this thread obviously!