Author Topic: Playmofriends Jousting Tournament in Winterhaven!  (Read 34566 times)

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
Playmofriends Jousting Tournament in Winterhaven!
« on: September 23, 2010, 08:14:31 »
I have been planning to make a photo story of a jousting event for a while. But after thinking it over, i figured it would be a great opportunity to have my playmofriends be part of the fun. I already did an announcement about it in the thread over here. but I hope this post is more clear in what is exactly going on.

The idea is that everyone here at playmofriends can choose a knight which will then be their champion in the jousting tournament. The availability of the knight of course depends solely on my collection, which in my opinion is quite decent at this point.

Any knight can be chosen, however the knights on a caparisoned horse are of course what people have been choosing so far. Tiermann has made a wonderful chart with all caparisons, which you can find in this thread.

I hope it’s ok with Tiermann as I used (abused) his charts below to show which Caparisons are still available and which aren’t (Tim please let me know if this bothers you and I will find another way to represent this). If there is “Red Cross” through one of the pictures it means that that specific caparison is not available in my collection. If there is a “playmofriends user name” written on top of the picture it means that knight has already been selected by said member (Caparison 1 (Red Pleated) could of course still be used as I feel it is very generic, although I must admit I don’t have the shields/banners from 3265).

I am hoping to get at least 32 people participating (currently have 10), so please don’t be shy, the only thing you have to do is tell me which one you want me to use as YOUR champion. There is more opportunity to participate, but if you don’t want to participate any further, apart from your choice of knight, that’s fine as well. If you have any question, don't hesitate and ask them here or shoot me a PM!

Thanks for reading  :)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 11:35:40 by Gis »

Offline shirona33

• Playmo Lover
  • Tennessee Jack
Re: Playmofriends Jousting Tournament in Winterhaven!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 08:37:24 »
My favourite is number 23!  ;)

Great idea!  :)9

Always straight, always right!

The south will rise again!

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 08:58:11 »
My favourite is number 23!  ;)

Great idea!  :)9

shirona, Just to be 100% clear does that mean you would like number 23 to be your champion in this jousting tournament? or were you just voicing your opinion?

Offline shirona33

• Playmo Lover
  • Tennessee Jack
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 09:04:39 »
Do I need to have the knight myself?

If not, so I would like him to be my champ! ;)

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 09:07:25 »
Do I need to have the knight myself?

If not, so I would like him to be my champ! ;)

"The availability of the knight of course depends solely on my collection, which in my opinion is quite decent at this point."

Nope you don't have to own him yourself. So he will now be your champion in the Tournament.

Thank you for joining :-)

Offline shirona33

• Playmo Lover
  • Tennessee Jack
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 09:10:24 »
"The availability of the knight of course depends solely on my collection, which in my opinion is quite decent at this point."

Nope you don't have to own him yourself. So he will now be your champion in the Tournament.

Thank you for joining :-)

Good, maybe you meant we both should have it. Now it's clear! ;)

People like to short my name into "Shiri". That's okay for me! :D

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 09:14:58 »
Good, maybe you meant we both should have it. Now it's clear! ;)

People like to short my name into "Shiri". That's okay for me! :D

OK Shiri :-)

The picture is updated already :-)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 10:47:35 »
Gis I just wrote in the other thread..... if I can't be the Golden knight  which is my first choice (30th Aniversary) the I 'd like to be number 28 from this list... Black Lion Head Slashed!
Prefer Golden!!  ;D
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 12:25:20 »
Gis, Junior said he would like to take part but didn;t know which were available. 
He's at school at the moment ( :yippee: hurray!  :-[ ) so can I put in his choice please. 
His preference was for number 15 the green dragon, but as that isn't available could be have number 12 green diamond. (green is his favourite colour!)
(He did want a skeleton as his knight but I told him I didn't think that would be allowed  :lol:)

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 12:35:24 »
His preference was for number 15 the green dragon, but as that isn't available could be have number 12 green diamond. (green is his favourite colour!)
(He did want a skeleton as his knight but I told him I didn't think that would be allowed  :lol:)

Elaine

YAY!!!! Great to have Junior join as well!

Even though the king has stated that all feuds will be on hold, I think he is not willing to extend this to undead. Have him contact me through PM and we'll discuss his figure :-)