Author Topic: 4320 RCmodule ... combined with 4821 fire engine  (Read 7435 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
4320 RCmodule ... combined with 4821 fire engine
« on: September 03, 2010, 16:55:11 »
Hi all,

These are today's acquisitions!!!

I will not go into lengthy description of the fire engine as you can find a great review of it in the following link:
 http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=4135.0

But I will show you the RC module and how it can be used to fit the 4821 fire engine! I took shots of a ''as I went along'' progress with various ups and downs and finally show you my first video I uploaded on youtube with the fire engine...

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: 4320 RCmodule ... combined with 4821 fire engine
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 17:07:29 »
To those of you who already have this set I apologise if you went throught the same process, but I thinkfor the rest of you, who like myself had no idea what an RC module looks like or works, I hope this will look interesting!

So this is what you have in the box once you open it:

instructions that are really thick, 60 pages thick, as they show how to place the module in 11 vehicles... lots a of warnings and look out indications as this is really an electronic equipment...the remote control and the grey parts that combine to fit a vehicle!! And of course a fer system x connectors as these modules connect with each other like a systme x set...

To tell the truth, its a bit tricky to take the grey modules off the box as they have cables passing between the chartons and make it a bit difficult to pull out, mostly becuse of fear of damaging the cables...

So you just need to be a bit carefull and push slightly the chartons with your fingers, especially around the small circles, to release the cables and slide them off...

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 17:13:49 »
I released one of the special firefighters to help me with the item and to give you a clue of how big, or small depending on the point of view, the control and modules are...

The remote control needs a 9V battery to operate..

...while the main module needs a 4x1,5V (AA) batteries to work!

And then the rest of the modules with a few interesting connectors, fit on the main module!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 17:19:58 »
Time to open up the fire engine box!!!

And for the two firefighters to meet!!!

Now I understand why all the fire theme members here are so crazy about this theme!! There are so many pieces and accessories to work with!!! So many colours, so many combinations!!! I got dizzy by just looking at them!! This is fantastic!! I had to release the other special firefighter to help his friends with the accessories!!

Again, for more details, see playmofire's review of this fire engine!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 17:25:40 »
I let the firefighters deal with the accessories and build up the equipment...

...while I started assembling the module...

They need to placed at a certain alignement, and connected with the system x connectors, to fit the chassis..

Then the cables must be placed in specific plugs...

And finally put the weels on it!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 17:34:59 »
Then we start placing the module in the chassis... First thing, make sure the antenna is slide through the small hole in the chassis...

This is actually a great design because in this fire engine, there is a plastic antenna coming out of the chassis and the wire antenna slides into it!!! So it looks great from a designers and esthetic point of view!!! As I saw in the instructions, the antenna fits diferently in other vehicles...It sticks out like a flag pole and its not very nice...

Then, you have to be carefull, as you push the module into the chassis, for any wires caught between the chassis and the module like the one next to the weel...no turning back if you damage the wires...

Then, you gently fit one end of the module at the front of the chassis and then slightly pull the other side back so that the module will feet the chassis...Its like a system x clip system... :D :D

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 17:40:47 »
The module did not fit well at the beginning, so I realised there was a problem with the free wires...I thought it was a messy situation to have the wire free like that...

..but then I saw these black syctem x connectors where you can slide the cables on...

I also realised that I had the front module fit the other way around...so i disconnected it and fitted it again correctly this time...

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 17:44:36 »
So, cables in the right place, module fitting properly in the chassis, I gave my new fire engine a few spins!!!

Hard to manouver at first, its been ages since I've driven a remote control toy car...But the firefighters were very thrilled to see this engine roll out without them....

Saddly it could not fit to go through the castle gate.... :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 17:49:40 »
The module fits various vehicles and, depending on the vehicle type, different connections between the pieces is needed!!!

Now for those of you who want a spin on my new fire engine, hop aboard!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El5tf_GMBoQ

;D ;D ;D ;D  :wave: :wave: :wave:

Thanks for visiting!! :) :) :)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 18:04:50 »
Fun review, thanks! I've never had any of the remote controls. It looks like a lot of fun though.