Author Topic: 4876 Agent Super-Racer  (Read 9385 times)

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
4876 Agent Super-Racer
« on: August 29, 2010, 15:48:55 »
Hi folks! After a lot of people complained about the agent series and argued how to use at least some of the pieces in another context, I did a review of my newly owned Super-Racer. 
 :)
I wholeheartly think that this is a great set, which I would have loved having as a kid, which my son actually DOES love and which I really like as being a thoughtful concept with some really nice features.  :love:

Well, maybe not everyone will like it, but for fans of james bond and co this set is a 100 percent must!

So lets start with the box. Well, they really did a new design here. A little too fancy and too un-playmobilish for my personal taste, but without doubt it is a rather cool box with a glittering silver stripe...

"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
Re: 4876 Agent Super-Racer
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 15:54:37 »
There is not too much to build up, as it is basically the car and one agent with some small parts, but to be honest, in these reviews it is always hard for me to take pictures directly after opening. The first moment, I am thinking about taking pictures is typically after enjoying myself assembling the set.  :-[

So, no self-disciplined in-box pictures, but some nice pictures of the car as a whole!

For me, this is clearly a 007 Lotus Esprit. But with some slightly different features. It can swim and fly and comes with two cannons in the front of the car. I like the design pretty much and would love to see this car in a city life version with a real trunc. Right now, there are plane turbines behind the lid, which is nice for saving the world but a real handicap for a short drive to the supermarket after a long day in office.

What I did not like is the fact that they photoshopped the box that way that one could think the lights are actually working. Well, as you might guess, they are not. ;)
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 16:00:08 »
Here comes another close-up on the ships propeller... They are nice-looking and turning fast if you blow air against them. The tires are the same like from the sporting car from the pimp garage... 20' rimes I guess...  8-)

Nice for convincing the bond-girl to come for a ride. Which is btw an important set missing in this series. Well, but I guess the agents are best to be combined with the holiday sets then... :)

The windshield can be removed, but you can place the klickies without any problem also with windshield on...

The cockpit is rather simple with not much details. One remark maybe to the seats. They are just clipped in without any sysX connectors or something, but what can I say: I wanted to remove them for the pictures but didn't get them out again without tools. So, no pictures, but they are well-designed!

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 16:02:18 »
well the box looks impressive  :o :o :o they start to change the normal blue boxes ee??  ??? ??? i don't like the set but for a kid it would be very fun !!!!! :)
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 16:13:29 »
Here again a picture of the seats.

And a total view of the fly mode. You need exactly three moves to release the jet engines and flip the wings...

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 16:19:12 »
First, you have to open the lid to free the jet engines...
Secondly, you have to flip the back wings open...
Third, the main wings have to be flipped open.

Interestingly, the big wings are attached with SysX-alike connectors that appear to have a much stronger static as the normal ones have. We had this discussion in another thread: So it is possible to make very rigid clip in connectors...

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 16:19:53 »
Now you got me wondering Amir....hmmmm I think I like it... A lot!!! Thanks for the pics and review!!! Love the wings!!!

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 16:25:41 »
Finally, lets have a closer look at the cannons! They are very similar to the ones from the recent pirate ships. The only difference is that they have a slight peak and they come in red and white...
There are two small levers on the left and right mudguards to release the guns. It is a good location to fire them during play, but if you do not want to fire them, it is hard to play the car without accidently shooting a cannon.
This causes more like Johnny English situations than really professional agent fights... ;)

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 16:28:41 »
I had a lot of fun playing with the car during the photo session!

I even succeeded in catching the bullet while firing!  ;D

Finally, we will have a closer look on this cool agent.
Even though it appeared to be quite dangerous to take pictures of him.  :camera:

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 16:31:47 »
the klicky's glasses are printed on the face?
The spirits rule !!!!