Author Topic: Moved out to the Barn  (Read 6056 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Moved out to the Barn
« on: August 27, 2010, 21:09:58 »
Hello

You might remember me complaining about being evicted by my wife from the office. Well I had to find a new place and I decided on a barn we have in the middle of the property. Its an old 2 story barn and I have already moved the western stuff out a while ago. I just had some time last week to build some shelfs upstairs. Here are some pictures.

This is the top 8' X 8' shelf in the semi middle 

This is looking down the south side wall looking east

This is the same south wall but to the west-end

This is an 8' X 8' area for taking pictures w/background paper. here we got all the Egyptians and Romans out for a battle/picture event

This is the north wall looking west. This is where all the stecks were piled

same north wall but looking east

This shows the 8'X8' shelf in the middle with ships on top, Victorian in the middle and there will be a 4 plane airport on the floor.

so much more work to do upstairs and down  8}
Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline grangel

• Playmo Master
  • Medieval military designer
Re: Moved out to the Barn
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 21:35:53 »
Great collection!!!!!
I love your barn!!!!
it's my favorite place!!! i'm sure that it is also your kids' favorite place.

I hope to find there the tranquility to create your new plans!

i also hope to see them quickly....

Offline shirona33

• Playmo Lover
  • Tennessee Jack
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 21:42:12 »
 :o Very, very nice. But where are the western theme? :hmm:

Always straight, always right!

The south will rise again!

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 23:16:13 »
I am in awe of your space and collection!!!  :love:  What a magical place to stretch your imagination.  The boys must love it. 
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 01:20:48 »
looooooooooove iiiiiiiitttttt!!!!!!!!!!!
envy it too  :-[
 ;D
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 02:30:58 »
Aah, I just have to show this to my wife and she will congratulate me on my spartan restraint and self-denial.  ;D

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 05:10:32 »
Great collection!!!!!
I love your barn!!!!
it's my favorite place!!! i'm sure that it is also your kids' favorite place.

I hope to find there the tranquility to create your new plans!

i also hope to see them quickly....

It is becoming my favorite place as well, especially when we will start taking pictures again. Two of our boys still like to find less crowded areas to really get creative

:o Very, very nice. But where are the western theme? :hmm:

Down stairs in an area made up of tables. The kids built an area below the tables where there is currently a war going on .

I am in awe of your space and collection!!!  :love:  What a magical place to stretch your imagination.  The boys must love it. 
Joe

They really do have an interesting time. I have them using the BBgun to shoot old full wine bottles so we can recycle the glass and then they come in here and play out history with toys. The space is a bit dirty with dust and bugs so it is a bit annoying. I think I will hang building wrap on the walls to keep the wind out.

looooooooooove iiiiiiiitttttt!!!!!!!!!!!
envy it too  :-[
 ;D

We still have a lot of work to do so it will get better. The circus will be really a fun place as the train goes wizing past

Aah, I just have to show this to my wife and she will congratulate me on my spartan restraint and self-denial.  ;D

That is fine seeing as I used to do the same thing when I started collecting  :-[ carma  :lol:

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
  • I come here for peace and quiet.
    • http://www.survival101.wetpaint.com
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 05:18:35 »
Every square inch of that barn will be covered in Playmobil before long, and you’re going to be building extensions and add-ons just to house extensions and add ons… Been there and done that I have…
But since done is done, ¿would you listen to some bad but well meant advice? Many years ago I had pretty much all my toys in a barn. Then one night it caught fire. The water to the barn didn’t work and there wasn’t sprinklers. Had we installed sprinklers and working water, the building would have been saved AND the contents, less a little water related discoloration, would have been none the worse for wear.
If I’m jealous, you did SOMETHING right. Keep it up. :D
I Support Operation Anime Storm..

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 08:28:19 »
Oh my gosh!!!! Ras this is absolutely amazing!!! I long for the day I will be able to have a big area to place my playmobil on playtables and have it all set up and easy to play!!!

The sheer amount of your collection is truly overwhelming!!!  :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

Love the western set up!!! Its really wonderfull!!!

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2010, 08:53:35 »
 :cheerlead: :cheerlead: :cheerlead: :camera: :camera: :camera: :camera: :camera:You have an amazing collection!!!! I can see your effort and money spent on them. Good that your kids also like playing with your playmobil :D