Author Topic: Different shoe sizes for Klickies?  (Read 3336 times)

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
Different shoe sizes for Klickies?
« on: February 11, 2006, 04:26:10 »
This may be old news, but Sirena discovered this the other day when she tried to put flippers on some of the new klickies with bare feet. It seems the klickies with shorts and bare feet have smaller feet than the ones with pants and bare feet. See for yourselves:
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: Different shoe sizes for Klickies?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 10:33:12 »
I had noticed this too, but my discovery happened the other way around when I tried to put the new shaped sandals onto an older barefoot figure and found they were too small. :yup:

I did wonder why they changed the foot size when they already had a mould they could adapt. I suppose they must have just decided a smaller foot would look better.

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 11:14:15 »
Hi  CH

This is really interesting and i had not noticed this change untill you pointed it out  :). Thank you for sharing the pictures with us  :)9 !!

Kindest regards  Tim

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Morgan

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006, 11:24:30 »
I did not know this. Thanks for the information  :)

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2006, 17:21:04 »
Thanks for sharing
We need a place like this so members can share their observations.

I tend to agree with Sylvia that the designers thought the original size feet were too large when the klickes are in shorts, or have bare legs.

M

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2006, 21:08:19 »
It's certainly interesting why they should make such a change.  I wonder if it is because the kicky with the smaller feet is female (I think)?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2006, 21:39:19 »
I've been thinking about this some more...

I feel that the reason for the change has more to do with how the feet look when they have sandals on, rather than when they are bare. The old style slip-on sandals which were squarer did tend to make the klicky's feet look clumsy and overly large.

They must have been trying to make the new figures retain a streamlined look both when wearing shoes and without them, since many of the newer barefooted klickies in the Freetime range come with footwear.

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2006, 02:31:59 »
I feel that the reason for the change has more to do with how the feet look when they have sandals on, rather than when they are bare. The old style slip-on sandals which were squarer did tend to make the klicky's feet look clumsy and overly large.

They must have been trying to make the new figures retain a streamlined look both when wearing shoes and without them, since many of the newer barefooted klickies in the Freetime range come with footwear.

very good observation, Sylvia! 8-)

Thanks for bringing this topic out, CH - I hadn't noticed this change either.
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock: