Author Topic: my ACW US customs  (Read 4064 times)

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
my ACW US customs
« on: August 13, 2010, 03:43:30 »
old customs but new showing  :P
ok here goes, (for the blood-thirsty members, "you asked for it!")

(the standard of customising has gone up a lot since....with printed PVC stickers for torsos and even cuffs & lapels now....not to mention those molded variants of kepis/bugsbies whatever  :P so mine really looks elementary/kinder-like to our other advanced customisers...so please tone down on any accolades :P)

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
  • I come here for peace and quiet.
    • http://www.survival101.wetpaint.com
Re: my ACW US customs
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 05:08:01 »
Those shoulder belts are a style used exclusively by Cavalry.:D
If I’m jealous, you did SOMETHING right. Keep it up. :D
I Support Operation Anime Storm..

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 05:35:11 »
Great customs yet again cheng! I was under the impression that only Confederate artillery wore crimson on their uniform. But I redescovered that Union artillery and Union ordnance also wore crimson like that! And then looked a bit prior and after the civil war and discovered that US artillery generaly wore crimson colour on theis uniform!

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 05:35:39 »
Those shoulder belts are a style used exclusively by Cavalry.:D

oh thanks...ok! where were you when I was asking for guidance on ACW belts :lol: (assume youre talking about that girl's shoulder belt...these see-through plastic ones are quite popular with young girls in this part of our world  ;D )

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 06:36:00 »
oh thanks...ok! where were you when I was asking for guidance on ACW belts :lol: (assume youre talking about that girl's shoulder belt...these see-through plastic ones are quite popular with young girls in this part of our world  ;D )

I'm glad you mentioned her, cheng.  I was worried that as neither Wolf Knight nor Andy R had mentioned her either they or me had some problem with our eyesight.  Now I know it's them!

Your modesty in your first post is misplaced - those  belts and braces are a wonderful bit of workmanship as is the painting of the caps.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 08:22:01 by playmofire »
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 06:59:37 »
Amazing workmanship, Cheng! :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

Damo :)

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
  • Just say the magic word!
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 07:04:55 »
Again, very good in my opion! Very well done!

The girl, from wich set is she?
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 07:27:46 »
The girl, from wich set is she?

thanks friends!
with so much discussions focused on her...i think we might need to split this thread and move these side-trackking discussions to our  Direct Service/Parts Queries or 'What's this?' sections  :P

anyway, if hope this satisfies your curiosity..   :love:

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 07:29:49 »
Great customs yet again cheng! I was under the impression that only Confederate artillery wore crimson on their uniform. But I redescovered that Union artillery and Union ordnance also wore crimson like that! And then looked a bit prior and after the civil war and discovered that US artillery generaly wore crimson colour on theis uniform!

Yea artillery units typically wore red, yellow for calvary , and light blue for infantry.  

Very nice Cheng!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 08:34:43 »
thanks friends!
with so much discussions focused on her...i think we might need to split this thread and move these side-trackking discussions to our  Direct Service/Parts Queries or 'What's this?' sections  :P

anyway, if hope this satisfies your curiosity..   :love:

She could be a possible for the hottest Playmo-babe competition.   :)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”