Author Topic: 4857 - holiday house  (Read 7552 times)

Offline Mina

• Playmo Fanatic
    • our Playmoblog
4857 - holiday house
« on: August 05, 2010, 08:25:26 »
Hello!

For their 10 years together birthday, Titi and Mina have bought the new holiday house 2010, which is really beautiful... we love all the details, the new stuff, the small things which make it at the same time very beautiful and easy to play with...

Zimage.biz

After about 30 minutes of assembling (Titi with the stickers and red and yellow assembling parts and Mina with flowers and building of the house), here is the result:
Zimage.biz

around it : I am absolutely fond of that plant and shelter, it's really beautiful 
Zimage.biz

Zimage.biz

Zimage.biz

inside: (for once, the boxes and pots of food have already the stickers on them... it was really nice, 'cause, honestly, we went crazy sticking all the stickers when we bought the supermarket...)
Zimage.biz

Bathroom:
Zimage.biz

Zimage.biz

Kitchen:
Zimage.biz

Zimage.biz

Upper level (bedroom):
Zimage.biz

Zimage.biz
and: voilà!! :)
I don't wanna grow up!

http://playmolocle.romandie.com/ -- our Playmoworld

http://moonymina.deviantart.com/ -- my non-playmo creations

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: 4857 - holiday house
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 08:41:41 »
Wow so much detail!! This is indeed a very nice set!! Love the plants and the tiles in the kitchen and shower!!! I noticed the children klickies also have new haicuts!! sweet!!

Thanks for these pics Mina!!!

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 08:47:19 »
WOW really looks like a great set and the new System-X walls do look very nice with the relief and all.

So it looks like they will keep on using Sys-X for modern but are moving away from it for medieval...hmmm...then again the DS extension set for the new knights will apparently fit both castles...we'll have to wait and see I guess.

Thank you very much for sharing the pictues and it looks like we will need to get it or at least order some parts from DS.

Offline Coyote

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 10:28:44 »
Yup, I likes it very very much.  Thanks for the great pictures!   :wave:
  Peoples Republic of Maine  :D

Offline baden-wurttemberg

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Baden-Wurttemberg
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 14:45:43 »
Wow this set has some may details! Thanks for the pics Mina!

Baden  :wave:
Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 16:29:53 »
Very nice holiday home Mina! The boy looks a bit of an athlete in his tank top and sandals.

This set hasn't been released in the US yet, I think a number of us are wondering if there's potential to use the building for other purposes (e.g. Roman Villa), and the white walls, trellis and small red roofing sections have promise.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 18:14:16 »
Thanks, Mina, for that review, a real co-operative effort between you and your family.

The trellis is really nice and the new bathroom with the tiles is and the kitchen tiles are very nice touches.  Maybe the bathroom lacks a little in privacy though, even for a holiday home.    :-[

Maybe a touch of detail to add to the outside for a little custom work would be to fit some of these lamps in the System-X holes:

http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-21-8240

There is a clip which would work but I can't find the part number to look it up on playmoDB.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Playmofool

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 19:52:43 »
There is a clip which would work but I can't find the part number to look it up on playmoDB.

I think you must refer to this clip. It should fit nicely to the purpose.

30 20 1000 - Clip with System X rectangular socket

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 20:14:23 »
I think you must refer to this clip. It should fit nicely to the purpose.

30 20 1000 - Clip with System X rectangular socket

That would certainly do, although the one I was thinking of was a round, silver one.  I think it was in some of the knights' sets.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 23:13:33 »
...Maybe the bathroom lacks a little in privacy though, even for a holiday home.    :-[

:lol: with tears in my eyes...

Thanks Mina for a beatiful review. I decided not to buy this set, but you convinced me that I will get it definitely. It is a beautiful house, esp from the inside.
 :love:

best,
socrates
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen